What next...

xanadu777

Apr 2, 2011
Dyfed
I've not posted for a while but I'm now nearing the end of my tether. My wife who I've known for 62 years is in a wonderfully caring nursing home and I visit her every day and spend 2 to 3 hours with her. She has no idea who I am but I know her and when I leave it is never without tears flowing down my cheeks. My wife gets very agitated for much of the time and the weight has dropped off her in spite of efforts made to keep her weight stable. I feel so helpless at the sight of her abject misery. Sorry for all the whingeing but knowing that many are worse off is no help at all.

dizzywizzy

Mar 23, 2012
Goodness me you are not whingeing, you are being pushed by this awful disease into a very distressing situation and I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
Thinking of you and your wife x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
i am sorry to hear about your wife and how you are so worried, it must be very difficult for you, you are not whinging just very upset , I hope things get better for you both,

best wishes

Jeany x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
You're certainly not whinging. It must be so hard to bear and it's obvious you love your wife so much. Keep posting on TP. It sometimes helps to know you can just get things off your chest and we're here to listen.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
I'm not surprised you feel so upset - it is a very sad situation. 62 years of knowing someone is a lifetime, of course you rightly feel very sad when you see them so very changed, and miss the companionship of your lifelong partner.

I try to rationalise with myself about things I struggle with by saying that others have it worse - and yes, some do - but it doesn't mean that your situation isn't pretty tough, and difficult to live with. So you aren't being self-indulgent, you are just saying it how it is and how it makes you feel.

We here on TP can't change the situation, but might just be able to offer you friendship and support as we all understand your feelings.

Keep posting if you find it helps :)

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello xanadu777

My heart goes out to you hearing of your distress when you visit your wife. It must be dreadful seeing her in this state of agitation and knowing she is losing so much weight. I wish I could say something to make it easier for you but sadly there is nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fool for love