Well! It’s all going on now!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
It was a beautiful wedding but I was glad to come home. As I was dropping mum back I thought I would pop in to see dad.
What a difference in a few days since I had seen him.
He was not happy as they had dropped the stand aid in . He had returned the other 2(1)in fact and said he didn’t need it as he could walk. I told him it was staying and wasn’t up for discussion.
They are struggling with him on the Sara Stedy. He can barely hold on to it.
He is quite confused and thought he had had lunch and told the carer so when he arrived to do it. He didn’t want any then he did. But when the carer left he only took 1 mouthful and then spat it out. He only ate 2 teaspoons of ice cream. He didn’t want any more.
He drank some tea at breakfast but it took me nearly 2 hours to get him to drink another 170 mls at lunchtime.
He had declined his breakfast. He is not eating much for tea. A bit of soup or sandwich but not all of it. So very much a decline. Also he had no teeth in and cannot understand why not(not fitting)

Attachments

• 86303824-DC3C-45C2-87BC-227221CBCD9D.jpeg
    86303824-DC3C-45C2-87BC-227221CBCD9D.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 155

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It was a beautiful wedding but I was glad to come home. As I was dropping mum back I thought I would pop in to see dad.
What a difference in a few days since I had seen him.
He was not happy as they had dropped the stand aid in . He had returned the other 2(1)in fact and said he didn’t need it as he could walk. I told him it was staying and wasn’t up for discussion.
They are struggling with him on the Sara Stedy. He can barely hold on to it.
He is quite confused and thought he had had lunch and told the carer so when he arrived to do it. He didn’t want any then he did. But when the carer left he only took 1 mouthful and then spat it out. He only ate 2 teaspoons of ice cream. He didn’t want any more.
He drank some tea at breakfast but it took me nearly 2 hours to get him to drink another 170 mls at lunchtime.
He had declined his breakfast. He is not eating much for tea. A bit of soup or sandwich but not all of it. So very much a decline. Also he had no teeth in and cannot understand why not(not fitting)
im glad you enjoyed the wedding but must be awful to see your dad decline so much over a few days. nice you took your mum. i hope he isnt suffering.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am glad the wedding was beautiful and went well but sorry about you dad, I hope things get better for you very soon.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m glad the wedding went well. It must have been so hard to see your dad’s decline after such a happy occasion.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @TNJJ,

I'm pleased the wedding went well but I know exactly how you feel about your dad as I went through it with my diabetic dad. I found that leaving food out buffet style helped a bit but at this point I was told by dad's consultant and a paramedic that it was time to start thinking of residential care. It's sad to think of this but it would take a load off your mind and your dad would get round the clock care.

Hugs

MaNaAk

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Thank you.I’m not sure we are even going to get to that stage. But I have informed the doctor and as you know the carers are now on the ball. He needed to go into care a long time ago tbh..

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad the wedding went well, and that your mum could go. Have you had any feed back from the social services visit this week yet?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Glad the wedding went well, and that your mum could go. Have you had any feed back from the social services visit this week yet?
No still waiting. He came Wednesday at lunchtime. I’m hoping that we will hear at some point today.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

Thank you.I’m not sure we are even going to get to that stage. But I have informed the doctor and as you know the carers are now on the ball. He needed to go into care a long time ago tbh..
Your dad is so lucky to have you.

MaNaAk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407