Wedge

Rackjw

Dec 31, 2022
My mum is having a wedge and new matress delivered to her nursing home- I got the confirmation text by mistake. I havent been able to call the care home yet to find out what this is for but curious if anyone knows why she would need these? She is unable to walk and is in a wheelchair during the day but lately has been sliding down and unable to pull herself back up. Would the wedge likely to be for the chair or is she heading to be bed bound and these are the steps to enable this comfortably x

trus

Dec 28, 2023
My mum is having a wedge and new matress delivered to her nursing home- I got the confirmation text by mistake. I havent been able to call the care home yet to find out what this is for but curious if anyone knows why she would need these? She is unable to walk and is in a wheelchair during the day but lately has been sliding down and unable to pull herself back up. Would the wedge likely to be for the chair or is she heading to be bed bound and these are the steps to enable this comfortably x
We got one and the another wedge for my MIL as she slides and curls up towards one side of the rail and ends up with the imprint of the bedrail or bruise on her forehead or shoulder etc. She at first curled up only to one side, once we put a wedge in she started also curling up to another side too. So the second one went it as well.
I am not sure why the new mattresses, they should all have orthopedic mattresses there I would have thought. We have an air mattress now which is meant to prevent pressure sores