We don't disagree any more

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
I have discovered all the items which disturb my wife, all the items which lead to confusion, all the situations which lead to problems. As a result, although life is very simple, we have a much calmer life. I have to accept that there a lot of things I can no longer do, but I settle for that.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I have discovered all the items which disturb my wife, all the items which lead to confusion, all the situations which lead to problems. As a result, although life is very simple, we have a much calmer life. I have to accept that there a lot of things I can no longer do, but I settle for that.
I am pleased that you have a much calmer life @Chris100. It can be hard to accept that we can no longer do the things we want to so well done on developing that mindset.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Well said Chris, you can fight all the battles you want but with AZ you won't win the war with AZ.
Managing decline is the polar opposite of educating someone, as I've said on here before you have to live in their world when they can't live in ours. K

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
It makes for better times when we go with the flow. It’s then possible to enjoy time together.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am glad to know that you have found a way towards a much calmer life for you both @Chris100. It does take a bit of adaptation at times but it is well worth it when the right solution is found.

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
Well said Chris, you can fight all the battles you want but with AZ you won't win the war with AZ.
Managing decline is the polar opposite of educating someone, as I've said on here before you have to live in their world when they can't live in ours. K
Can you expand on that, please.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
You're managing decline, as yet there is no cure for dementia and as I said fight all the battles you want, but you will loose the war, AZ in whatever form always wins in the end.
As a former NHS nurse myself, wife was too and my mum you get to see a lot, and managing decline in the elderly was a hell of a site harder for us to do than bringing up our 3 children, we agreed on that ages ago, ended up with me and mum caring for my wife with early onset AZ, you have to learn to live in their world...K