Waterproof duvet covers...............

Josette

Mar 23, 2015
My husband has dementia and is unable to use the toilet any more so a wet bed every morning is normal. Before the colder weather sets in I would like to buy a waterproof cover for our duvet so that if the sheets and the duvet cover get wet the duvet itself is protected. Does anyone know of such a product anywhere please?

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
My husband has dementia and is unable to use the toilet any more so a wet bed every morning is normal. Before the colder weather sets in I would like to buy a waterproof cover for our duvet so that if the sheets and the duvet cover get wet the duvet itself is protected. Does anyone know of such a product anywhere please?

Hi Josette,

Can I recommend instead of a duvet cover, that you get a completely waterproof duvet? I tried a waterproof cover for my mum in law initially, but she managed to tear it, quite quickly - and she was also able to take the waterproof cover off in the night on occasion. If you buy one of the fleecy duvet protectors, to go under the actual duvet cover, it makes it more comfortable too. If you do a quick search on google, for waterproof duvets, quite a few options pop up, so they are not hard to get hold of.

HTH :)