*Warning!* Explicit and Gross - I just need to rant (again)

Jenijill

Mar 12, 2012
Guildford
I've just read all your posts, and I must say that you all are absolutely wonderful! :)

We're not at that stage yet, thank goodness, but it's good to know that when or if, you will all be there with support.

I wasn't shocked at all, and really I just wanted to thank you all for making me giggle on this Saturday night :D:D:D I've been a little down lately, and it's just what I needed ;)

Jenny

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
I'm sorry ... I wasn't shocked in that way, I mean, shocked that this sort of thing happens ... Not explaining myself very well ... And certainly not shocked by the graphic descriptions! I'm just incredibly sad at the things that you are having to do for your loved ones, and wondering how my poor dad will cope if this becomes a regular thing for him, too. I know that he's already had to rescue mam from a mess once or twice but I find it so hard to accept that this might become a regular occurrence, plus I just don't know how I would cope if it happened while I was looking after her. What if I vomited? How could I help my mam if I was throwing up? Or am I just a wuss?

I promise you, if you are the only person there and you have to deal with it, you will not vomit, the need to rescue them and make it all better is very very strong.

Tooshie

Apr 28, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unpleasant but necessary

Hi everyone,

Just to say I've been there are few times recently too - and my Mother hasn't been diagnosed yet.... long way to go.:(

I have very unpleasant memories of my mother's toilet habits as a child, which even just the thought of make me gag - so now dealing with this 77 year old who is displaying signs of pure laziness is so distressing.

No doubt I will be be back asking for tips and loving support from you all in the months ahead.

God Bless you all.

Tooshie x

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
You sort of end up with a strong stomach, but the problem is that the pooper doesn't worry in the slightest, that is what the staff are there for - eeerrr, staff? What staff? We are in the mood where I am staff, not a relative.

Had to deal with Cdiff a few years back, dad managed to fall (not on the poo) and needed an urgent hip replacement, so I was left to deal with mum on my own. wasn't pleasant, the start of it is the person wandering around confused with lumps dropping out of their bottoms, had to replace the hall carpet afterwards. The stench was indescribable, I got lots of cheap mats, put them around the loo and as they got soiled during the night I just chucked them out in the back garden and dealt with it in the morning. I always dreaded that a fox would drag one round to the neighbours house, had visions of their dog then dragging a mat into their house, thankfully it didn't happen. There are some things in this world that I really did not want to know, like being able to say that I correctly identified a bowel lining in a bed pan without any help from a doctor, uuuurrrrgh! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would be tempted to say after that anything is easy, it isn't, I find it is the mind numbing relentless repetition which is the worse. She makes things worse by wanting to be pulled off the loo, I would say helped or lifted but it is a tug of war, she becomes a dead weight just as I start to lift, she isn't helpless she can stand on her own. One of our GPs told me to beware the mind games, he was right, what she is doing is quite deliberate and it isn't nice. She will then present a her backside to have it wiped, she can do this herself, I feel it is a form of humiliation. I wonder how on earth people can get in this state.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
One of our GPs told me to beware the mind games, he was right, what she is doing is quite deliberate and it isn't nice. She will then present a her backside to have it wiped, she can do this herself, I feel it is a form of humiliation. I wonder how on earth people can get in this state.

They've turned into stroppy 2 year olds, or even 18 month olds.

But so much harder to deal with. Even if a small child's kicking and screaming at least you can pick it up and put it in the bath.

Tooshie

Apr 28, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
Humiliation

You sort of end up with a strong stomach, but the problem is that the pooper doesn't worry in the slightest, that is what the staff are there for - eeerrr, staff? What staff? We are in the mood where I am staff, not a relative.

Had to deal with Cdiff a few years back, dad managed to fall (not on the poo) and needed an urgent hip replacement, so I was left to deal with mum on my own. wasn't pleasant, the start of it is the person wandering around confused with lumps dropping out of their bottoms, had to replace the hall carpet afterwards. The stench was indescribable, I got lots of cheap mats, put them around the loo and as they got soiled during the night I just chucked them out in the back garden and dealt with it in the morning. I always dreaded that a fox would drag one round to the neighbours house, had visions of their dog then dragging a mat into their house, thankfully it didn't happen. There are some things in this world that I really did not want to know, like being able to say that I correctly identified a bowel lining in a bed pan without any help from a doctor, uuuurrrrgh! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would be tempted to say after that anything is easy, it isn't, I find it is the mind numbing relentless repetition which is the worse. She makes things worse by wanting to be pulled off the loo, I would say helped or lifted but it is a tug of war, she becomes a dead weight just as I start to lift, she isn't helpless she can stand on her own. One of our GPs told me to beware the mind games, he was right, what she is doing is quite deliberate and it isn't nice. She will then present a her backside to have it wiped, she can do this herself, I feel it is a form of humiliation. I wonder how on earth people can get in this state.

That is the word I have used so often to describe my lifelong experience at the hands of my Mother. It really is sickening. :(

Tooshie x

Pammy

Jan 1, 2012
You sound like a saint to me, I really admire you, and can only say you are doing a great job its a good job you have still got your sense o humour you certainly need to try and hang on to it.
Hugs.

Delphie

Dec 14, 2011
I can't tell you how much I admire you guys, dealing with such grim stuff with humour and good grace.

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
I always say to people I can do anything if I have disposable gloves on and ironically I can no matter how smelly ;)