Want to say thank you.

Sue08

Mar 19, 2024
My OH started showing signs of vascular dementia 3 years ago, gradually getting worse, I am his 24/7 carer. We are both in our 70s. I found this site and am so grateful for it. The problems I am facing seem very common to dementia, I have been reading the threads and the answers given have been most helpful. Being in this group has made me feel less isolated.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Sue08.

I’m so glad you’re finding support here and that you feel less isolated. You’re amongst people who understand. Keep posting!

JaxG

May 15, 2021
Hi @Sue08 I'm gad you have found this forum, I agree, it makes such a difference to know you are not alone, to normalise experiences and to be able to rant from time to time and be understood. xxx

themagicstar

May 6, 2024
My OH started showing signs of vascular dementia 3 years ago, gradually getting worse, I am his 24/7 carer. We are both in our 70s. I found this site and am so grateful for it. The problems I am facing seem very common to dementia, I have been reading the threads and the answers given have been most helpful. Being in this group has made me feel less isolated.
Our friends have hardly bothered with us since my OH diagnosis. We used to invite people to our house all the time but now do not get invited any where. There is definitely a stigma out there. Trying to find a group event that will introduce couples to other couples who are going throught the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DawnR

Sep 14, 2022
Northumberland
Our friends have hardly bothered with us since my OH diagnosis. We used to invite people to our house all the time but now do not get invited any where. There is definitely a stigma out there. Trying to find a group event in the Newcastle upon Tyne area that will introduce couples to other couples who are going throught the same thing.
Hello @themagicstar Age Uk have a living well with dementia group. My husband used to attend the Ashington group before his Alzheimer’s sadly progressed and he didn’t enjoy going.

There’s a group in Ponteland I’m not sure if that would be close enough for you. Some partners attend and have a little chat.