1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. sanvalthur

sanvalthur Registered User

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford/London
    virus/spyware from RobK

My computer has been crashed twice in the last few days when I have clicked on a post listed as from RobK - (Norman - U posted these, I think? - please check!) I suggest everyone avoid opening anything labelled RobK unless U have full protection with virus/spyware checkers. Have reported to site admin and Microsoft.

2. sanvalthur

sanvalthur Registered User

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford/London
    DO NOT CLICK ON "NEW CONFUSSED"

Do not click to open message shown from me as "I am a new and very confussed (sic) care giver" with robertw beneath; I clicked on this & it crashed my computer with Spyware - it is now showing on-screen as originating from me - which is not true. Have asked site admin to remove this message as suspect is planted to distribute Spyware.

3. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    I can't see how a straight text posting on TP without an attachment can plant spyware accidentally, though some malicious people around on the Internet like to try out such challenges.

I have asked Nada to check this out as we all need to know we are as safe as possible. Even with virus protection, firewall, AND spyware protection, I'm not going to chance my own PC on the thread in question as I have my photo library of Jan on there!

4. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Nada
    I note my name mentioned in relation to crashing computers.
    I have no knowledge of this ROBK,where is it?
    My machine is clean and I have
    AVG AV
    AD-AWARE
    ZONE ALARM
    AOL SPYWARE
    REGARDS
    nORMAN :confused:

5. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    :confused: :confused: Being totally useless at all this, would you say that provided we just read TP and don't open links then that is the safest bet to avoid viruses etc. ?? She :confused: :confused: :eek: