virus/spyware

sanvalthur

Mar 13, 2005
Oxford/London
virus/spyware from RobK

My computer has been crashed twice in the last few days when I have clicked on a post listed as from RobK - (Norman - U posted these, I think? - please check!) I suggest everyone avoid opening anything labelled RobK unless U have full protection with virus/spyware checkers. Have reported to site admin and Microsoft.

sanvalthur

Mar 13, 2005
Oxford/London
DO NOT CLICK ON "NEW CONFUSSED"

Do not click to open message shown from me as "I am a new and very confussed (sic) care giver" with robertw beneath; I clicked on this & it crashed my computer with Spyware - it is now showing on-screen as originating from me - which is not true. Have asked site admin to remove this message as suspect is planted to distribute Spyware.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I can't see how a straight text posting on TP without an attachment can plant spyware accidentally, though some malicious people around on the Internet like to try out such challenges.

I have asked Nada to check this out as we all need to know we are as safe as possible. Even with virus protection, firewall, AND spyware protection, I'm not going to chance my own PC on the thread in question as I have my photo library of Jan on there!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Nada
I note my name mentioned in relation to crashing computers.
I have no knowledge of this ROBK,where is it?
My machine is clean and I have
AVG AV
AD-AWARE
ZONE ALARM
AOL SPYWARE
REGARDS
nORMAN :confused:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
:confused: :confused: Being totally useless at all this, would you say that provided we just read TP and don't open links then that is the safest bet to avoid viruses etc. ?? She :confused: :confused: :eek: