Virtual Christmas thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerryB

Dec 21, 2021
Hi everyone, it’s been a long time since I posted on here. This will be my 3rd Christmas without my darling mum, who past away on 27th November 2018. Time has not healed the loss, it’s just time which keeps passing without her. I feel lost & alone. At the very end of her life, I prayed to a God I don’t know to please take her, let her leave this world of pain, it’s not fair, she’s had enough. When finally she passed, we were all there, had been for the previous 2 weeks, stayed there all day, all night. I slept in beside her. I held her hand at night, wanting her to pass, terrified of what I’d do without her. And when it happened I was relieved because this despicable disease which had taken her essence, her vitality, her very being had finally let her go.
But now, 3 years later, I miss her more than ever & this Christmas means nothing. I have no tree, no lights, no presents bought, no festive spirit no wish to smile,or be with people.
I’m 55yrs of age & I want my mum so desperately I feel like I can’t breathe. She wouldn’t want this for me but she’s the only one who could help me free myself.
Thank you for letting me vent.

Much love to you all wherever you are on this journey. xxx
I lost my mum to dementia nearly 13 years ago I feel your loneliness and loss. I didn't know how I would manage without her but I felt some comfort for her when she passed as I realised how unhappy she was. She longed to be with my father who had died 24 years before, so hopefully she found peace with him.
I miss her every day, I long to speak to her, just talk to her and I recall memories of her all the time, much like all people who suffer such a loss. If I knew what I know now I would have looked after her differently.
My mother loved Xmas. It reminds me of her.

Enjoy the peace your mum has found and know you acted in the best way you could at the time. Hindsight is a great weapon to beat our selves with . Be kind to yourself, she would not want you to be unhappy and isolated. She loved you, allow yourself to feel the warmth of her love and see the life she gave you as something to be enjoyed.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my christmas present has arrived. im a great-granny?
my great-granddaughter arrived last night. 6lb11 and called
Rosa Leah Blue. mum and baby doing well. father young and a bit bewildered about it all.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Congratulations @jennifer1967, hope you get to see her very soon.
Our son does have covid which throws the rest of our holiday plans into disarray so non panto tomorrow and no friend for lunch on Tuesday. Drat.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks so much everyone for taking part in our virtual Christmas thread.

This thread will now be closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.