• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Very worried about mum and dad

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Hello everyone only been 3 days but finding it hard to cope mum is very fragile state in care home and being on lock down is very difficult to cope with as she needs me a lot in my opinion. Dad struggling health wise due to stroke and bowel problems was going to take him up a&e tomorrow but been told by a family member that hospital don't want people up there. Tried getting a doctor appointment but they don't want you to come in. Was going to have counselling for myself but coronavirus has stopped most activity wake up feeling I want to cry. Work is tough as I'm asked to cheer up but got so much going through my mind. Tired all the time when I get home I have to help my dad this virus could destroy all three of our lives if not careful

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
West Hertfordshire
Has your dad had an accident, or in an emergency situation? if not, please dont take him to A&E

Times are hard at the moment, but we'll get through it.

What job do you do?

jaymor

Volunteer Moderator
Jul 14, 2006
England
My own doctor is doing telephone consultations and he will decide whether a patient needs to attend the surgery or can be prescribed or advised over the phone.