Vaccine

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Hello all, I just wanted to post a heads up if you care for someone due the vaccine soon. I know of an older lady in her 90s who missed her call up from the GP as that practice are only sending out texts, and not calling landlines. She doesn't check her mobile for texts and missed it. Just worth making sure contact details are up to date and texts are being checked ?

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I have told my father's GP surgery to contact me not him for anything to do with appointments and this seems to be working. He would never remember dates or times and even forgot that he had received the flu jab, and confused his covid vaccination with an unrelated blood test. I get the texts on my phone!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I have told my father's GP surgery to contact me not him for anything to do with appointments and this seems to be working. He would never remember dates or times and even forgot that he had received the flu jab, and confused his covid vaccination with an unrelated blood test. I get the texts on my phone!
That is a good idea @MartinWL I was lucky with dads GP he had my phone number and would always call me, it was the same with dads hospital team, they always called me too. There are people out there with some common sense which I was grateful for.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i hear texts that go to my husbands mobile phone and always asks who they are from as he tends to tell me that they are rubbish which they are not all. my doctors text to say that appts will be offered. theres a problem with being housebound and unable to travel. my flu one was at the house.

Jacques

Apr 4, 2020
My husband wouldn't know how to use a mobile phone or a laptop so all calls come via me but thanks for the heads up as I'm sure it will help some carers.