Vaccination Roll Out

mydiamondmum

Nov 10, 2015
Vaccination Roll Out has anyone in the London or Greater London area had any news re the roll out yet. I like many have a LO in a home who disregards gov guidelines to impose their own 'more robust' policies so the only hope of a meaningful visit is when they roll out the vaccination.

Sky News reported a problem with the registration software which means manual registration and I should imagine this has caused a problem with the promised roll out in care homes first. Apart from staff who can get to a vaccination hub.

No news in my LO's care home yet re the vac for residents or local care home.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@mydiamondmum I know that the vaccine is being rolled out to care homes in Scotland and Wales this week but I haven't seen anything about when it will start to be rolled out to care homes in England. My Mum's home is in greater London but I haven't heard a thing from them about when they might be getting it. Hope it arrives soon as her home currently has a covid outbreak :(

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Not heard anything from my mum's either about vaccinations, but they are doing rapid covid tests so you can meet your loved one without a Perspex screen or a window in the way.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have a look at
Probably not very accurate but should be better than a wild guess.

My profile is:

"Based on your profile, there are between 503,378 and 4,384,545 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vacinne across the UK.
? Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 21/12/2020 and 17/01/2021."

You can change the vaccination rate and uptake from the default.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
In our local paper there is an article talking about the covid vaccinations and apparently a local care home complex (its very large, with residential, EMI, rehab and nursing wings) is starting vaccinations next week.

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
I don't know what is happening in local care homes but I do know a friend aged 80 had an appointment this week and both my parents in their 80's have an appointment for next week.

mydiamondmum

Nov 10, 2015
Have a look at

Hi NItram, I know they are rolling them out to the population, but the problem is the care home roll out which the government promised would be the first to have the vaccine. But due to registration software problems which most of the media apart from SKY news are ignoring this is not happening at present.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
the problem is the care home roll out which the government promised would be the first to have the vaccine. But due to registration software problems which most of the media apart from SKY news are ignoring this is not happening at present.

It is starting - as I said, my local residential complex is getting the vaccine next week - but there are two problems. One is getting the concent for all the residents and the other is that the vacaccine is being distributed in a batch of 975, so at the moment it is going to community hubs and large care homes while they work out how to break it into smaller amounts without causing problems.

mydiamondmum

Nov 10, 2015
It is starting - as I said, my local residential complex is getting the vaccine next week - but there are two problems. One is getting the concent for all the residents and the other is that the vacaccine is being distributed in a batch of 975, so at the moment it is going to community hubs and large care homes while they work out how to break it into smaller amounts without causing problems.
Yes there was always that problem of the vac being in a large batch of 975 which they knew at the time they promised care home residents would be first. It doesn't alter the fact that there is also software problems not for the first time with this government. I am very pleased for you that you have had this good news of getting the vaccine next week. I hope that it all goes well and that we here in greater London also get some good news re vac roll out to local care homes.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Have a look at

My profile is:

"Based on your profile, there are between 503,378 and 4,384,545 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vacinne across the UK.
? Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 21/12/2020 and 17/01/2021."

You can change the vaccination rate and uptake from the default.
There's only 20 million or so before me so I should get it next May... ?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
There's only 20 million or so before me so I should get it next May
That's with a million people per week with 70.6% uptake, together with immunisation not being 100% successful, herd immunity will be important.
In a couple of weeks immunisation centres will have to double their throughput as second jabs will start.
Many more centres complete with staff will be needed.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
It all depends on us importing more batches of the Pfizer vaccine - I think we currently only have enough to vaccinate 400,000 people. They have pre-ordered 40 million doses. If the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine gets approved, especially for use in the elderly, then roll out will be faster.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
According to the calculator my mum is estimated to get a vaccine between 22nd and 26th December! Obviously not going to happen. It doesn't take into account that although she lives in a care home, it's small and in a small town. It's all a bit of a post code lottery. If you're over 80 and live in a large city you seem to be in with a better chance.
Many care home residents overlooked again. Just as for the distribution of the Lateral Flow tests there seems to have been insufficient forward planning. The Government knew about storage problems etc, but still haven't solved the logistics so the most vulnerable are given priority as promised.
A survey on John's Campaign shows many haven't received the vaccine in care homes, only 2 had!

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
My 91 year old mother has had her first jab.
Not a big town, in Dorset.
The organisation of the event was extremely impressive.

She was not impressed with how her arm ached the next day!

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
The Government knew about storage problems etc, but still haven't solved the logistics so the most vulnerable are given priority as promised.
A survey on John's Campaign shows many haven't received the vaccine in care homes, only 2 had!

@anxious annie As per my earlier post, the logistics involving the Pfizer vaccine have now been resolved following a trial in 7 care homes last week. The NHS England Standard Operating Procedure covering vaccination within care homes was produced on 18th December:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavi...Community-Settings-LVS-SOP-v2-18-Dec-2020.pdf

The vaccine is starting to be rolled out to care homes in England this week, with doses being delivered to GP’s from yesterday. NHS England state they hope to reach all care home residents by the end of January:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...esidents-england-get-covid-19-vaccines-early/

Mum's care home has already been in touch to request consent, and have now confirmed that the residents will be receiving their first vaccination next week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jannette Randall