Unwelcome suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
@Lawson58 wrote: "IMen mostly seem to think they’God’sgift to women and ai think they would be shocked if they were able to read this rhread."

You might guess my gender from my avatar. Men are able to read this thread.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
@Lawson58 wrote: "IMen mostly seem to think they’God’sgift to women and ai think they would be shocked if they were able to read this rhread."

You might guess my gender from my avatar. Men are able to read this thread.
Unlikely in my case as I bat on the other side of the fence and the term 'men' seems to have become comon place for blame when some of us 'men' don't fit the heterosexual criterion for the offences assumed. Agreeably the men in my life have been the biggest let downs, but that does not mean that all men are let downs ?

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
Unlikely in my case as I bat on the other side of the fence and the term 'men' seems to have become comon place for blame when some of us 'men' don't fit the heterosexual criterion for the offences assumed. Agreeably the men in my life have been the biggest let downs, but that does not mean that all men are let downs ?
@Palerider . I’m sorry that my post has become a criticism of men. It wasn’t intended to be. In fact the people who were trying to match make me with a long time male friend were both male and female.
I have been very lucky not to have been let down by men so I obviously agree with you that all men are not ”let downs”

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I agree. They think you should be grateful that they are prepared to take you on.??.
Another thing is, most men of my age are dinosaurs. There is no way that I’m going to start washing and cooking again for someone else.
Going to rename myself Mimi. As in me me me me.?
???

I am a member of an environmental group heavily dominated by men. Mostly I go to the community nursery where I am usually the only woman. I have to say that it is the best fun I have all week. They are a mix, mostly older but widowed, divorced, lifelong bachelors or married and most I have known for years. We can actually talk politics without anyone getting antsy and we tell naughty stories from our teenage years. I really value them as friends but the one thing I notice is that no one tries to talk the singles into finding a woman. Hmmmmmm.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
@Palerider . I’m sorry that my post has become a criticism of men. It wasn’t intended to be. In fact the people who were trying to match make me with a long time male friend were both male and female.
I have been very lucky not to have been let down by men so I obviously agree with you that all men are not ”let downs”
And I agree not all men are -some of the most profound and living friends I have known have been men and also straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.