typical nhs

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
District nurse came by to see mum, and casually mentioned our gp of 16 yrs emigrated nearly a month ago, and they didn't even let us know!
I ask u, these days its not what it used to be in terms of personal service.

David

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
David it's infuriating when something like that happens. You feel let down and out of touch, like you don't matter. Rise above and continue to give the care that only you and no nhs can ever replace and be very proud of what you're doing.
Carers are put on this earth to be tried and tested beyond endurance it seems, especially by the powers that be!

Only my opinion of course!

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
yeah, seeing a doc is hard these days.

On a slightly different note i mentioned to the nurse its been 6 weeks since mum ate properly, so she contacted a doc and he prescribed a liquid meal replacement, just have to wait till tuesday for chemist to get it in.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
David my mother was put on these too when she went through quite a long non eating phase (it's worth mentioning that her appetite came back again and remained reasonably healthy until she died) these drinks did help to keep up her strength, she liked the strawberry ones best! They should do your mum good.

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
the nurse asked if mum liked milkshakes or juice, mum hates shakes so i said juice, went to pick it up sat, its shakes.....
so, seen doc this morning and got a script for juice

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Loiner, do you have a liquidiser in the kitchen cupboard? These days, when you can get all sorts of fruits virtually all year round, you can wizz up various fruit smoothies yourself, according to taste & preference (OK, you prob. wouldn't want to all the time, but they might make a bit of variety). If they go down well, you might be able to disguise food supplements or meds. in them, should you need to.