Trying to find a purpose

Frankie15

Dec 13, 2016
I'm so low and struggling to find a purpose to life after losing mum after giving care and being totally emersed. I was an only child, now no one's child. I was supported throughout by lovely friends and some family and mum had a lovely send off with lots of people there. Now thought just 11 weeks after her passing (still counting in weeks) I'm left alone with the sorrow. I haven't even spoken out loud yet today. I've made contact with people but they're obviously not around. I just want someone to ask me how I'm doing and to not feel like I have to say 'ok thanks'. Thank goodness for talking point. I don't think people realise that this is the hard bit. When everything is done and everyone has 'gone home'.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Hello, @Frankie15 ...I am so sorry that you are feeling so low today. It is a horrible time after a bereavement, and unless someone has gone through it, they have no idea. I found that it helped me, when I returned to work after my husband died. Sitting at home and seeing no one is the pits. Of course, if you are feeling low, it sometimes seems too much effort to leave the house. But, there is Talking Point. I am so glad you have reached out here today. Whether recently bereaved, or being stuck at home caring, it can all feel so isolating, and that is the beauty of this site. Many of us are around during the day (and very often, the night!) so there is always someone to communicate with. And if you want to hear a voice, you can always ring the help line.

National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

I also used the Samaritans during my dark post bereavement times. They are not just for when you are feeling suicidal.
https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/different-ways-you-can-get-touch/most-people-phone-us

Please keep posting and let us know how you are... and to give the members here a chance to support you.

elvismad

Jan 8, 2012
Hi , @Frankie15
So sorry to hear you are feeling so low. It is hard to have cared and been so involved to lose the person that had become the centre of your world. Sadly, people are sometimes too afraid that they might say something upsetting, that they say nothing at all.
I would echo @Amethyst59 and say, speak with the Samaritans and keep posting here.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Re the Samaritans: Id just like to mention that at "busy" times you cant always get through to them - you just get a recorded message asking you to phone again later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch