Truth about dementia tv prog tonight just aired

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
I don't think I'll bother watching it having read the responses, I'll stick to Emmerdale where the portrayal of vascular dementia in one of the main characters is done very well in my view.

I most certainly wouldn't want to be on TV ranting and raving but I do want people to understand why I do.:)

I think your comment is one of the most relevant Sue J.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I think it is very well done Kassy, he's a very good actor. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
The Archers ran an AZ story a few years ago when Jack Wolley got Alzheimer's, it was really well done, some on here may remember it I know I'm not the only Archers fan on here, I'll have to have a look at Emmerdale.
K

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Just watched on catch up, really disappointed:( now will have to get ready for well meaning friends telling me what I should do to help my Mum as they have seen it on the telly and think it is not so bad as I have been telling them all these years, it's been over 9 years since Mum was diagnosed, 3 years in her care home. They also omitted to inform us of all the different types of dementia out there, Mum has Lewy bodies/ vascular dementia. I agree with Kassy, the best portrayal so far has been the Emmerdale one. I can just imagine all those MPs sitting there,having watched this, saying what's the fuss about, why are these people complaining about a bit of memory loss:mad:

Ange

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"I can just imagine all those MPs sitting there,having watched this, saying what's the fuss about, why are these people complaining about a bit of memory loss"

<sarcasm> Come on now, you know that's not true, many of them are Dementia Friends and therefore know all about 'how to live well with dementia' </sarcasm>

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I believe that everyone suffers the same emotional heartbreak when a family member has dementia. Being rich or famous doesn't cushion you from losing the person you love. However, having enough money to afford all the support needed makes a huge difference to dealing with the endless practical and financial consequences of caring and that's where I get frustrated with these types of programmes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fee9999