1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. esinedee

esinedee Registered User

Jan 13, 2016
    I have bought many pairs of trousers for Mum that have been rejected as the fit isn't right. Can anyone recommend elasticated waist, pull up, easy wash trousers that are a petite fit - not just a short leg but a proper petite fit so they are in the correct proportions and not baggy around the bottom and top of leg.

This may seem trivial with all the problems people have but will make Mum happy.

Thank you :)

2. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Hello esindee

Not trivial at all but vitally important if clothes feel uncomfortable nothing is comfortable.

Have you tried Dash?

Best wishes
    Sue:)

3. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Try M&S, I've found some in different colours recently, and I need petite too.

4. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Bon Marche or BHS

5. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    M&S Classic range short length were the best for my mum. Not the cheapest but nice designs and good quality. Stood up well to machine washing too.

6. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    M&S pull up jersey range can buy them on ebay for about half price brand new too....so comfortable i wear them for work

7. CeliaThePoet

CeliaThePoet Registered User

Dec 7, 2013
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    I have tried 19 pair of pants for my mother over the last 2.5 years. She wears the same ones every day (too short, too tight). I even bought that exact brand and size a second time but they were rejected. She's also petite and likes them well above the ankle...she hates the rise from crotch to waist, I guess. Or she's just found the way to make me batty for all time. :eek:

8. tigerlady

tigerlady Registered User

Nov 29, 2015
    I used to get my mother ones from Damart - they are easy to wear and she was quite happy with them, and they do short leg lengths

9. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    Have you tried Landsend, they do petite sizes.

10. Caseys

Caseys Registered User

Dec 10, 2015
    Rival clothing have a small but very smart range that includes elasticated waist trousers in the uk. My MIL is very fussy and loves their stuff - good quality and very smart. Rival clothing.co.uk

11. esinedee

esinedee Registered User

Jan 13, 2016
    Thank you all, tried pretty much all of these - but not Lands end, will look there.

Problem is the length is shorter but the proportions not right, I will keep trying.

xx

12. esinedee

esinedee Registered User

Jan 13, 2016
    Rival not heard of this firm, will try these, what is the fit like, Mum is a 10/12 so do you think a 10 or a 12.

Many thanks for the suggestion

13. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Forgot to mention Lands End, but if you are looking there I recommend the 'Starfish' jersey trousers. They are a stretchy jersey fabric and very comfortable. I'm 5ft 2 and the petite length is perfect for me.

14. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    Landsend will also alter the length free of charge.

15. Toddleo

Toddleo Registered User

Oct 7, 2015
    Landsend starfish pull on jersey trousers are just great, I live in them every day!! perfect for crawling around on the floor while I sort mum out!!

16. esinedee

esinedee Registered User

Jan 13, 2016
    Thank you the Starfish look great, fancy them for myself!