Trousers for Mum

esinedee

Jan 13, 2016
I have bought many pairs of trousers for Mum that have been rejected as the fit isn't right. Can anyone recommend elasticated waist, pull up, easy wash trousers that are a petite fit - not just a short leg but a proper petite fit so they are in the correct proportions and not baggy around the bottom and top of leg.

This may seem trivial with all the problems people have but will make Mum happy.

Thank you :)

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I have bought many pairs of trousers for Mum that have been rejected as the fit isn't right. Can anyone recommend elasticated waist, pull up, easy wash trousers that are a petite fit - not just a short leg but a proper petite fit so they are in the correct proportions and not baggy around the bottom and top of leg.

This may seem trivial with all the problems people have but will make Mum happy.

Hello esindee

Not trivial at all but vitally important if clothes feel uncomfortable nothing is comfortable.

Have you tried Dash?

Best wishes
Sue:)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
M&S pull up jersey range can buy them on ebay for about half price brand new too....so comfortable i wear them for work

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
I have tried 19 pair of pants for my mother over the last 2.5 years. She wears the same ones every day (too short, too tight). I even bought that exact brand and size a second time but they were rejected. She's also petite and likes them well above the ankle...she hates the rise from crotch to waist, I guess. Or she's just found the way to make me batty for all time. :eek:

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
I used to get my mother ones from Damart - they are easy to wear and she was quite happy with them, and they do short leg lengths

Caseys

Dec 10, 2015

Rival clothing have a small but very smart range that includes elasticated waist trousers in the uk. My MIL is very fussy and loves their stuff - good quality and very smart. Rival clothing.co.uk

esinedee

Jan 13, 2016
Thank you all, tried pretty much all of these - but not Lands end, will look there.

Problem is the length is shorter but the proportions not right, I will keep trying.

xx

esinedee

Jan 13, 2016
Rival clothing have a small but very smart range that includes elasticated waist trousers in the uk. My MIL is very fussy and loves their stuff - good quality and very smart. Rival clothing.co.uk

Rival not heard of this firm, will try these, what is the fit like, Mum is a 10/12 so do you think a 10 or a 12.

Many thanks for the suggestion

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Thank you all, tried pretty much all of these - but not Lands end, will look there.

Problem is the length is shorter but the proportions not right, I will keep trying.

xx

Forgot to mention Lands End, but if you are looking there I recommend the 'Starfish' jersey trousers. They are a stretchy jersey fabric and very comfortable. I'm 5ft 2 and the petite length is perfect for me.

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Forgot to mention Lands End, but if you are looking there I recommend the 'Starfish' jersey trousers. They are a stretchy jersey fabric and very comfortable. I'm 5ft 2 and the petite length is perfect for me.

Landsend starfish pull on jersey trousers are just great, I live in them every day!! perfect for crawling around on the floor while I sort mum out!!