Trifluoperazine

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hi, Mum has had a terrible few weeks and has been in such distress, she is on end of life, I had to call dr to care home as she has been awake all day and night, is screaming out as if distressed, she hallucinates too. She has been bedridden since she came out of hospital 5 weeks ago, her speech is jumbled, her throat is clearly sore from constant screaming. Dr has prescribed Trifluoperazine, he hopes it might help calm her and help her to sleep. Has anyone any experience of this drug? Xx

Ange

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Hi Kassy, as far as I know it is an antipsychotic, but dr says it is a slight sedative, at the moment I am willing to let them try anything, there is nothing to lose, I just want her to have some dignity and peace, it has taken me two weeks to get them to try anything on her. I had to show videos I had taken of her. In fairness on the day dr turned turned up, Mum was still screaming and in distress. I won't give up trying to get them to calm her. They have said she's not in pain in their opinion so won't give her morphine. Thank you for the info on the drug that calmed your Mum, I may suggest that if this one doesn't work. It is horrendous seeing her like this, poor Mum. Xx

Ange

Last edited by a moderator:

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
This is where it gets confusing, the hospital discharged her back to care home as end of life and to be taken off all non essential drugs, her dr says she is not end of life as she is still being fed and taking drink, but I thought that some people ate and drank right till their last breath, but then what do I know? X

Ange

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Thanks again, it's so difficult to find the right medication, I guess the drs have a hard time too getting things right. Even though Mum is eating and drinking, the weight is still dropping off her. Thanks for your help Kassy xx

Ange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65