Trek the Inca trail in Peru

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Anne,

After 30 odd years living in a tropical climate, I'm not exactly great at rain, hail and snow!! My blood is too thin, or something. I'm pretty okay in the heat, which will be okay daytime once I thaw out!

Jude

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
Dear Jude

I apologise for the rain hail snow comment, I am very jealous of your walking machine. I went for a long walk on Wednesday and sank ankle deep in very clingy mud then I went under some trees, the leaves all stuck to the mud, it did make me laugh though.
My fundraising may look good but I have run out of people to ask, its mostly coffee mornings and car boot sales, both of which I can only do thanks to respite. Lots of people will give me things to sell rather than money; my house is full of stuff at the moment.

Anne

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Anne,

Your comment about the rain, hail and snow made me laugh! I thought 'Oh, if only Anne knew what a wimp I am in the cold'. Anything under 20 degrees and I'm cactus....... I shall have to toughen up a bit. The walking machine is a bit of an exercise in boredom really. When I come back I am planning to put a TV in the conservatory so I can while away the time a bit more. It will be a whole lot easier for me during the next few months in the sun though

My fundraising is going very slowly. Every time I get something organised it seems that the carers are sick or there's a problem with the parents which stops me going out and doing things. It's pretty frustrating. Hopefully things will be better in Oz when I shall have a lot more time to devote to the project.

Good luck with the training and car boots.

Jude

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
Dear Jude

Every time I fund raise I seem to get £68 doesn’t matter what it is or how hard I work. I’ve done car boots, garage sales, coffee mornings like you I am reliant on finding someone to stay with my husband while I do what ever it is! Still slow and sure I’m getting there.
Next week the BBC Holliday program is about Bali, I will try to watch it.

Anne

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
I have just been training in Cumbria, did two eight hour walks, on the second day it was so hot I got blisters but at least I now know that I can keep going even with sore feet one of the mountain guides got a blister, and they walk for a living, it must have been the heat.
I got sunburnt for the first time in my life.
Must remember to take something to stop my glasses steaming up.
Anne

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Ann, well, "your a better man than I Gunga Din!" Sorry about your blisters, but you certainly sound fit for all it can throw at you, well done, good luck, love She. XX :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5