Towel and flannel usage

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I have given my MIL cream towels and flannel and ours are blue. This has been the arrangement every since she moved in with us last November.

I never in my wildest dreams thought she would end up using our towels because I explained to her on many occasions that we use blue and she uses cream! (How stupid am I to think she would retain this!)

MIL has this wonderful habit of using flannels to blow her nose. She puts our face flannel in unmentionable places and then they are smeared with unmentionable things

So I thought in my wisdom I would keep ours out of the bathroom and hers in the bathroom. Nothing could possibly go wrong. How wrong I was. She did not 'see' the cream flannel and towel and would use the sponge for cleaning the shower or her handkerchief to wash her body! How she managed with her handkerchief goodness knows but I was watching so went in and 'found' the flannel for her

Anyway I have applied the principle that others have used. I have bought bright vivid red flannels and towels for her. I hope it works. They look daft in our bathroom. What will people think when they come round?? Nothing they will think nothing because no one comes round any more :eek:

But hopefully she will use them and 'see' them :)

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
If anyone is bothered by the bright red towels not matching the decor, they need to get a grip of themselves. :D I'd be more worried about guests drying their hands on it after the dear lady has blown her snozzer on it.

The things we have to put up with are gross, I thought my mum's eating habits were bad but she still uses tissues at least.

Good luck with the red ones.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I'd be more worried about guests drying their hands on it after the dear lady has blown her snozzer on it.

Noorza

I am getting more laughs today then I have had for weeks :D

I do tell visitors that they have another colour towel to dry their hands on which I keep out of the bathroom...............still laughing............I need to blow my nose. I know I'll use the lovely red one in the bathroom...........still laughing :D:D:D:D:D

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Noorza

I am getting more laughs today then I have had for weeks :D

I do tell visitors that they have another colour towel to dry their hands on which I keep out of the bathroom...............still laughing............I need to blow my nose. I know I'll use the lovely red one in the bathroom...........still laughing :D:D:D:D:D

It's the best medicine. If we didn't we'd cry. :D

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Brilliant I say your words were brilliant. I showed hubby and he fell apart too x

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
My mil stopped using hankerchiefs months ago :mad: her fingers worked better:eek:

I was safe with the towels as I got hers out for carers as she couldnt get upstairs and when she used to go to downstairs toilet I had the towel ready :)

However lets talk flannels :confused:

Today I had to nip out to buy some more as I have thrown the others away after each use :eek::eek:

Bought 8 more so if we go through those Im gonna be like :eek::eek::eek::eek:

x x x

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
my nan used to wipe her nose on her apron............................no she didn't have dementia :eek: :D :D

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Agh.....................................................................................:eek:

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
MIL favours her fingers in out of the bathroom. But in the bathroom favours the flannel. She used the red towels x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
However lets talk flannels :confused:

Today I had to nip out to buy some more as I have thrown the others away after each use :eek::eek:

Bought 8 more so if we go through those Im gonna be like :eek::eek::eek::eek:

x x x

How about buying wet wipes/ baby wipes to use instead of flannels? Be cheaper although you would have to be careful in case they are put down the loo as, whilst the odd one isn't a problem, multiple ones could be.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Good idea but our toilet as been blocked multiple times and we have had sewage all over the garden :eek::eek:

JMU

Feb 17, 2012
Cornwall
Dad has this problem- I have found myself hiding more and more of my stuff when it is time for his shower- my toothbrush, my soap, my towels, my comb...
As for hankies, dad loves them- he uses them for everything- from picking his teeth to picking loose cat litter up from the floor! I give him a new one with each of his change of clothes but still have to search him for the dirty one!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
We hide everything too. She once 'found' the talcum powder :eek: She got it everywhere :eek: She's taken our comb. I hope she has not used our toothbrushes :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
We hide everything too. She once 'found' the talcum powder :eek: She got it everywhere :eek: She's taken our comb. I hope she has not used our toothbrushes :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gross I hope toothbrushes aren't her new nose pickers. :D:D I'd hide them too.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Just came into the lounge and she was picking big time but with her fingers not our toothbrushes :eek: