Tour of Care Home

WyCassell

Aug 15, 2013
Yesterday I went on a tour of an Assisted Living Facility run by the state. Nice place. Next step is to wait for Mother's SW to make an appointment with the SW at the facility for Mother to have an interview. Wednesday there were 13 beds available yesterday there were 6 left. I hope she moves on this, as I need to place Mother, my family can't take much more of my Mothers demanding nature. Mother is in the mean stage of Dementia and in denial of her diagnosis. In the mean time I feel guilty about not being able to keep her at my home. I promised I would take care of her.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Yesterday I went on a tour of an Assisted Living Facility run by the state. Nice place. Next step is to wait for Mother's SW to make an appointment with the SW at the facility for Mother to have an interview. Wednesday there were 13 beds available yesterday there were 6 left. I hope she moves on this, as I need to place Mother, my family can't take much more of my Mothers demanding nature. Mother is in the mean stage of Dementia and in denial of her diagnosis. In the mean time I feel guilty about not being able to keep her at my home. I promised I would take care of her.

I have just seen your other post, too. please don't feel guilty - dementia can be so very hard for a family to cope with, esp. if someone is going through a mean or nasty stage. I think most of us feel guilty once we have reached the point where we just can't do it any more. I do hope you get your mother's placement sorted out soon. in the meantime I would honestly not worry too much about healthy food, etc. - I would just give her what she wants. Goodness knows there can be enough hassle and argument anyway with dementia.

As for being in denial, it might be that your mother simply isn't aware that there is anything wrong with her. This was the case with my mother - because her short term memory was so bad she simply couldn't remember that she couldn't do this or that any more.
Good luck.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I am in the process of placing my husband into a nursing home. I say to him nearly every day. I can no longer care FOR you but I will always care ABOUT you. This is where you are too.

TAking care does not always mean doing everything yourself.

Jeannette

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare