1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    Havn't posted for a while, my OH has been very poorly with his other medical conditions , 5 collapses averaging 1 a week.
    The day before yesterday rushed to hospital and would you believe it discharged the next day, Oh Yes I am sure you will believe it.!! Tests have been brought forward after me "stamping my feet" - shouldn't have to I know.

I went to visit him at his Nursing Home tonight, he is aged 69, and how I wish I had the usual conversations with him about wanting to come home etc etc. Tonight I had 2 hours of conversation that I didn't know what he was talking about, it made sense to him but not to me.

I know his medical conditions are having an impact on his Alzheimers but such a detrimental impact, I am hoping things will go back to what they were.

SL.:(:(

2. Kjn

Kjn Registered User

Jul 27, 2013
  3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It`s hard to have a silver lining when life is so tough for you and your husband is so young. It seems medical conditions and infections have a much bigger impact on those with dementia than on those who do not have dementia. Just one more challenge .

I do hope your husband`s condition improves and at least he recovers his language.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm so sorry your husband is so ill.

5. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Tough times for you SL, do hope that now you have stamped your feet the medics find something which can be treated and improve your poor husband's condition. Sending love and big hugs to both of you. Es
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Tonight I wish ...... it was me that had AZ, she'd do a better job looking after me than I can ever hope to do looking after her.
    K

7. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    Sending you a big hug. Wish I could do more.

8. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and comments, I am remembering that we all are suffering, so thank you again. Silver Lining.

9. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    sending you a hugg

10. 1954

1954 Registered User

Jan 3, 2013
    Sidcup
    Huge hug xx