Toilet Talk

MrsJCN

Nov 23, 2020
Hi, MIL is having a few minor toilet problems with my FIL, any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

They have a raised toilet seat frame that goes over the toilet, but he won't sit down so it goes all over the seat which then goes all of the floor and his clothes. Or he tries to move the frame then soils himself before he can get to the toilet.

He leaves it too late to go to the toilet, so has an accident. When he's been out he want's to put his slippers on first when he gets in, rather than going to the toilet.

Then he is having accidents sat on the edge of the bed in the middle of the night, when he's trying to get out of his bed.

I have given them some large pads to put in the bed, and suggested putting them over the edge of the bed where he sits.

We have discussed incontinence pants, but I'm not sure if this would help at the moment.

x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @MrsJCN

Your father in Law needs the whole package. Bed and chair protectors as well as incontinence pants.

I got full size mattress protectors as well as a Kylie sheet which hangs over the side of the bed.

The mattress protector goes under the bottom fitted sheet and the Kylie sheet is removable and washable.

I bought washable chair pads to protect the chairs.

The toilet frame didn`t work for my husband either. I had grab rails fitted to the walls on either side of the toilet

I hope this helps.

Bettysue

Mar 21, 2020
I’d second the use if Kylie pads. I just wash them everyday and it saves a lot of work. I use pull up incontinence pads at night as he can’t remove them. Normal pads during the day which can be changed as required.

Ton3

Dec 2, 2019
We shelled out for Kylie protective bed sheets plus bed pads only to be told by carers that they cannot be used on the pressurized mattress which MIL is on to prevent bed sores, she is in a hospital bed, if your FIL is in a normal bed with a normal mattress then I would agree with others that they would definitely be worth getting .....

MrsJCN

Nov 23, 2020
Yes he is in a normal bed, for now, will look to get the Kylie sheets for their bed. Thank you all for your advice. X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch