Today is John's birthday

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Only just caught up with your thread. what a beatiful place to visit and remember John. A lovely thought to have a Garden of Remembrance and to be able to plant a tree for John. He'll always be there for you, as well as in your heart of course.
I do hope your spirits will lift soon. Sending you lots of love - and sympathy for what you are going through - X

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I've only just seen this thread Hazel. My mum's birthday was July 7th also. She would have been 91. Some of the best people were born that day :).

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I feel pain every birthday Ken has. His birthday is on New Years Day and every year of our marriage up to his illness we either threw a party or went to a party and immediately after auld lange syne we all sang happy birthday to him. Now I spend New Year's eve alone with my memories and New Year's day with him in the care home. xxTinaT

I know how you feel, Tina. Henry's birthday is also New Year's Day. Apart from one New Year when I was in hospital after having our first baby (born Christmas morn) this past New Year was our first apart. (Henry in hospital) I too was alone with my memories on Hogmanay. I poured two glasses of whisky, raised the first to the New Year, raised the second to Henry and thought "here's to next New Year" thinking he would be home. But he never came home.

Couldn't even visit him on his birthday, The car had a couple of feet of frozen snow around and on top of it, and no buses running over the two New Year holidays, and the few taxis operating were like gold dust.

This New Year will be hard, Henry's first in the care home, and his 80th. Can't believe he will be that age. Had all been normal we would have been doing something special.

Sorry to butt in, what you wrote struck a cord.

Love
Loo xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Hazel

You and John shall be in my thoughts and heart on Monday, and I am sure also in many others.

Love
Loo xxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I went to the Loch today, and it was beautiful. The weather is perfect, the loch was still, and the swans and ducks were enjoying the water.

I tidied up John's plot, and put in a few new plants, hoping the rabbits will leave them alone. Then I just sat in the sunshine for a while. There were a few other people there, but they were the other side of the loch.

The peace was wonderful.

Loch.jpg

The Loch.

Ducks.jpg

Swans.jpg

The cygnets have grown up.:) The building is the chapel.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Hazel

Beautiful photos of a beautiful place, so peaceful. A place of solace. Thank you for sharing.

Love
Loo xxx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Hazel, I have only just found this thread.
I remembered the earlier photograph of John.
I can't believe it was over a year ago.
The pictures of the loch are beautiful. So tranquil.
Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Kassy, Loo and Nan.:)

The crematorium was only built about three years ago, and they've made wonderful use of the natural features. The memorial trees are round the loch, and there are woodland walks and a peace garden the other side of tha chapel. No cut flowers are allowed, but you can plant a small area round your tree.

It's really beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strugglingstar