Timings of chat room sessions - please share your views!

Which of these days/times would be convenient for you to attend chat room sessions?

• Monday

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Friday

• mid-morning

• lunchtime

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • mid-afternoon

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
We launched the Talking Point chat room back in January, and since then we've been running twice-weekly chat sessions on specific aspects of living with dementia, as well as light-hearted, social conversations. Recent chats have included a Q&A with National Dementia Helpline staff on food and eating, a session on safeguarding a person with dementia and their money, and a social chat facilitated by Talking Point member kassy, on bargain-hunting.

So far, we've been running the chat sessions over lunchtime, between 12 and 1pm, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, we're very aware that not everyone can make these days and times, and we'd like to include more of you in our chat sessions. So, we thought it'd be a good idea to find out which other times might be convenient for people. For the time being, chat sessions will need to be run during office hours, when Serena and I are available, but it's possible that we may be able to offer some sessions in the evenings, in future.

If you could please take a moment to complete the quick poll above, this will help us to have a clearer idea of other times that are convenient for people, and plan future sessions so that more of you can take part in our chat room.

Many thanks. :)

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I have voted on this. Would just like to add that the option of an occasional evening would be great if it could be organised :)

Many thanks

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Katherine,

Clicked on 'here' but not getting anything so unable to vote, sorry.

Jay

Jay, are you seeing this

Screen shot 2014-05-03 at 7.09.07 PM.png

above Katherine's post?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi Jennifer,

No There is only the actual post. I am on the app. maybe I should log on via the browser, I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Jay

Accessed forum via browser and it is there and I have voted.

Last edited:

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Thanks Lindy and Jay for voting and thanks Jennifer for helping. Yes, we will look at offering evening sessions occasionally, if we can. :)

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Many thanks to those who have already filled in our poll about chat room session times.

It'd be great to hear from more of you, so please do take a moment to fill out the poll if you can. The poll is at the top of this thread and completing it is just a matter of ticking a few boxes, so it shouldn't take long at all. :)

Thanks again,

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Thanks Tweetiepie (and welcome to Talking Point :)).

We do understand that evenings will be best for some people, and are looking into the possibility of running some evening chat room sessions in future.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I would also prefer evenings if possible. I've only just seen this to vote!

Never had a chance to visit chat yet. Would love to try it out. Greetings to all :)

Sheepteach

Sep 4, 2011
Somerset
Evenings would be very useful, too. Especially for those of us who work, have families to run and parents to care for. The "sandwich" generation, I believe it's called!

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi Shuggalug, Sheepteach and lin1,

Thanks for your comments on the chat room. :)

As of July, we will be opening the TP chat room for one evening a month, in addition to the daytime sessions. We'll continue to review session times and listen to members' feedback, and we'll adjust sessions to fit with members' preferences as much as we can.

I hope this helps,

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Could we have a poll as to what time in the evening is best as that is not covered in the above poll? Thanks.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Thanks wolfsgirl. If you're viewing TP via the app, that might be the reason you can't vote as the polls feature only works via web browser.

Beate - I will post a poll about evening session times shortly. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFrazer