The return of lockdown

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
There is definitely an issue with the testing results, my husband works in a Care home they have regular staff tests on a Monday, used to get results back by Wednesday but for the last 3 or 4 weeks now it’s been Friday and even Saturday evening when he’s had the email confirming negative!! So staff have carried on working all week not knowing if infected.

His Care home has allowed visits for a while now, in the garden only and socially distanced of course.

Ernest

Jan 23, 2018
I'm sorry but I am in full agreement with the decision of the CH where my husband is. Although as I said previously that I was relieved as it took the pressure off me regarding whether or not to visit him, I certainly wouldn't want to risk taking the virus to them . I work in a supermarket 3 days a week. I was going to contact the CH to say that I wouldn't visit until this current increase in cases had reduced when they contacted me. I come into contact with lots of customers. I would be devastated if it turned out I carried it over to there when they have worked so hard to keep everyone safe. It's so hard as well I know but isn't it better to know the person you love is being well cared for. I do !!

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
@Ernest , I think visiting should be looked at by individual care homes and assessed individually. People like yourself, who are out working and interacting with many people may pose a risk, but there are others who are desperate to see family, and are maybe retired, ordering shopping etc on line, and are therefore at a much lower risk to transfer covid. The Government needs to test families and provide adequate ppe to care homes. Then the care homes need to do their job in controlling infection , as most good homes already do, then indoor visits could happen. I know that my mum is being well cared for, but I still feel that as she has dementia she thinks she has been abandoned by her family, her mental health is deteriorating and she is giving up the will to live. My mum , like many others imprisoned in her care home by the Governments lack of understanding, is merely existing, not living a meaningful life. She does not have the luxury of being able to wait until a vaccine has been found, or case numbers at a low level.