The Poems

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Hi all,

I have just read all the poems posted on here..and sobbed and sobbed..they are all so wonderful...

We are finally scattering Dad this Sunday. ( he died in June) We have had to wait for my sister to fly in from New Zealand.

Goodness knows how we will explain it to Mum who is rapidly declining lately.

My NZ sister hasnt spoken to me since Dad died as she blames me for his demise. I had to admit him to a NH when he was so poorly he couldnt possibly have come home from hospital. Mum has AD and could not have coped with him.

So, Sunday looms and I am filled with apprehension...

...the poems made me realise I am not alone...thanks.

Hugs
M
x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Maria 29al
sorry that you are so worried,it may not be as bad as you think and will turn out ok.
Will be thinking of you and wishing you well
Best wishes
Norman

Whocares

Mar 18, 2006
Poor You

Your NZ sister has a bloody cheek, its easy to advise long distance while the rest of us make awful heartwrenching decisions regarding the parents we have loved and nursed,
She should be grateful that you were around to think of your Mum and Dad while she was thousands of miles away. Only her guilt for not being here can be the reason why she blames you for your Dads demise.
All you need to ask her is "Where were you?" she wasnt there and so had no voice. You loved your Dad enough to make hard decisions. If she can come here to have a pop at you and to be here to scatter the ashes, ask her why she didnt come home and look after you dad so he didnt have to go into a home, Unrealistic I know but so is what she was expecting of you.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sunday should be a day of celebration and of peacefor you…. one to be proud of - for your dad - for your mum, and especially of yourself….

Hold your head up damned high for all you have done, for all the love as well as practical support you have shown……. in spite of, and not because of, the support you have or have not had….. from those who now see it as fitting to make an appearance…..

Just sending you a huge hug and to let you know I am thinking of you….

Karen, x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch