1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. blue sea

blue sea Registered User

Aug 24, 2005
    England
    #1 blue sea, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
    Thank you

Thank you for your support following Dad's death. Will be keepng in touch through Talking Point.
    Blue sea

2. DaisyG

DaisyG Registered User

Feb 20, 2006
    North West England
    Thinking of You.....

I'm so sorry, I don't know what else to say.

My thoughts are with you...

DaisyG

3. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    #3 dmc, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
    blue sea
    I just wanted to send you my sympathy for the loss of your dad.
    may you find the strength you need to get you through.

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Am sorry to hear about your dad passing an ending for your father suffering & a new beginning for you

Photo album sound like a lovely idea, I feel grief hits us in different ways. When you say that you look back in the last 2 years is that when your father was getting worse?

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hello Blue Sea

well, what I would say is first that I'm sorry for your loss. It is never easy, is it, even in these circumstances.

I'm pleased you could be there to the end and see it was untroubled.

I'm also pleased for your relief!

The last thing I would say - please don't take this the wrong way - is "that's the way to go"

I'm going through many of the things that you have been through. Jan will leave a hole in my heart and my life when she eventually passes on. However, if she goes as did your Dad, that is how I would choose it.

And I would rejoice in her memory afterwards, and the knowledge that her trial is over.

Take things slowly. Everything you say makes massive sense and I do hope that you will still come to TP since you have a lot to offer others - me included.

All the best

6. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Hi Blue Sea
    so sorry to hear of your sad loss,please don't leave us ,we need people like you with love and understanding.
    Norman

7. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Blue Sea, sad posting, sorry that dad had gone. Glad that you were with him at the end.

Take time to grieve, and time to take stock, and come back and join us. You have so much still to contribute. Love Connie

8. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    my deepest sympathy Bue Sea. I know there is peace in knowing this trial is over for your Dad and yourself. I can imagine that I will also feel the contradicting feelings of sad they are gone but glad their illness is over.
    Do take care.
    Debbie

9. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    Hi

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Please dont leave the site. Having just joined I am amazed at the amount of reassurance talking to people in a similar situation can give. Everyone on here is so important to everyone else.

Thinking of you

Marion

10. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    I am sorry about your father. Glad that he still recognized you towards the end, and was peaceful.

Lila

11. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Blue Sea, I'm sad for your loss, but I think your 'accepting' it in the way you expressed yourself is absolutely right.
    As you say, revitalising your memories of Dad as he was pre-AD is the right thing to do, I'm sure, and what he would want.