The end is near

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
My son went today. I had a day off . She was more settled but that was the morphine and the medzalam.
She's refusing drinks now. They are just wetting her lips . Had no real food for ten days.

I don't think she's going to linger somehow. She's in a lot of pain and last week brought up two cupfuls of blood.

I hope she doesn't linger. That's an awful way to live.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
My son went today. I had a day off . She was more settled but that was the morphine and the medzalam.
She's refusing drinks now. They are just wetting her lips . Had no real food for ten days.

I don't think she's going to linger somehow. She's in a lot of pain and last week brought up two cupfuls of blood.

I hope she doesn't linger. That's an awful way to live.

I'm glad for her sake that the meds are helping her to be more settled - and hopefully, will also help to keep her pain free and peaceful. Iagree, in the circumstances you describe, dotty, to linger would be awful - for her, and for you to see. Thinking of you and like a lot of others, am holding your hand xxxxx

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Nurses are keeping her asleep. Just spoken to them now. Yesterday was in a bit of pain when my son was there so they've upped her morphine and medzalam . They've found a swelling on her neck like a lymph gland. They've had the doctor out. Mum is having the most amazing care compared to what I saw with my aunt in hospital.

Hopefully she will sleep her way to the other side.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Nurses are keeping her asleep. Just spoken to them now. Yesterday was in a bit of pain when my son was there so they've upped her morphine and medzalam . They've found a swelling on her neck like a lymph gland. They've had the doctor out. Mum is having the most amazing care compared to what I saw with my aunt in hospital.

Hopefully she will sleep her way to the other side.
Oh if only . . . . .

I'm sure. like so many, the number of times I've prayed for that.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Didn't see my mum over the weekend so went yesterday and I burst into tears when I entered her room and saw how much she'd deteriorated since Friday.

I've barely slept all night and she's been on my mind.
My husband took a call early this morning to say that she'd passed away at 5am

My mum's and my my journey together is over she's at peace now.

Thank you all for the support over the years.

My heart goes out to everyone still on the journey. Especially those of you who are caring at home mainly on your own.

I will keep popping in .
Love to you all x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
My condolences dotty. It's been a long journey for both of you and I wish you both peace now. Take care of yourself xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Dottyd. It was your Mum's time to go and find eternal peace away from the confusion and suffering. May you too find peace and strength. You have been a tremendous daughter to your dear Mum.

XXX

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Sorry to hear this Dotty. It's never easy no matter how expected. Take care of yourself and take time for you. All the best. Sue

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Sorry for your loss dotty but am pleased you're mum is now finding peace xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey