The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You can watch where the lightening is, currently in Germany.
Plenty of option to take - top right of screen

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
. , a well secured wind shield will help - think of tougher version of those seen on a beach on a windy day.

There are very strict rules here ... I wish I could put up a wind break, but it wouId “damage the grass” and that is not allowed

ive moved thu G’s around and trued to leave a bit of space between them and the awning. Hopefully that will help

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi @Sam Luvit how are you surviving the gusts & just near enough constant rain? The water levels our way are receding thankfully. Apparently they were the highest levels since 2000 when things were hairy this way & the river was really threatening to flood on an unprecedented level. The London Cheesecake looked good!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
According to the weather site .. things have calmed down @Kikki21 ... according to my hearing and staggering against it ... it hasn’t calmed much!!

The ground is sodden, there are lots of places that you start to sink if you stand too long. Tent pegs are being pulled out with the gusting, but so far, it’s not too bad

Thank you, the London Cheesecake is now all eaten. Pooch rather liked it too, I couldn’t seem to find anyway of preventing him from noticing I was eating it. The one occasion I thought I’d got away with it, I looked down to see him behind me watching .. so he does get some as well. I’m tempted to make some more!

This afternoon I took the plunge and purchased a drive away awning. It’s massive. It’s nearly twice the size of the present one. I’ll put it up next week when I move to the new pitch. I think big brother is going to find himself roped into helping.

Pooch is presently sprawled across my bed, he’s been pampered today, bathed, clippered, nails ... he does look very cute

I’m taking the night off ... no sorting tonight, I’m going to chill with a large CM and a DVD

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'm not sure those would work if the ground is waterlogged, they will still pull through, although the longer the better and some purchase might be achieved.

Can more than one storm strap be used?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
How about screw in using a cordless drill?
Can more than one storm strap be used?

I have three “heavy weather” straps on the front, with a storm strap over the top. The storm strap is into “rocks” so have major hold. All others are into soggy ground. Apparently nothing will hold, screw in will pull the earth out just as much as standard pegs will slip out, I’ve got them angled, it’s all that can be done in the conditions.

Trust me ... I asked the experts in the shop .. I’d have bought anything, but they said I’m already doing the right thing for the waterlogged conditions

I was kinda impressed that a novice like myself had figured out the options “grins”

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I have three “heavy weather” straps on the front, with a storm strap over the top. The storm strap is into “rocks” so have major hold. All others are into soggy ground. Apparently nothing will hold, screw in will pull the earth out just as much as standard pegs will slip out, I’ve got them angled, it’s all that can be done in the conditions.

Trust me ... I asked the experts in the shop .. I’d have bought anything, but they said I’m already doing the right thing for the waterlogged conditions

I was kinda impressed that a novice like myself had figured out the options “grins”
Water bottles / sand bags / concrete blocks as added weights to the storm straps- would that help?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
The wind is rattling the double glazing here, so I hope you are ok!

The way I’m looking at it is ... animals know about this stuff. Cows lie down when it’s going to rain (ready for the downpour), dogs growl at people who turn out to be dangerous etc

Pooch is stretched out sleeping. I’m trusting his instincts ?, but thank you, I do appreciate your concern?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
The way I’m looking at it is ... animals know about this stuff. Cows lie down when it’s going to rain (ready for the downpour), dogs growl at people who turn out to be dangerous etc

Pooch is stretched out sleeping. I’m trusting his instincts ?, but thank you, I do appreciate your concern?
Well the wind has calmed a little here this morning , really noisy night of rattles even through double glazing!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Glad to hear that you and pooch are surviving the stormy weather and found some time to do some baking. Are you all healed now?

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
It’s definitely calmed down here & it’s even gone a bit milder dare I say it! I hope the signs are there that spring might be on the way which hopefully will be good for you @Sam Luvit & your house hunt search.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I‘m so much better, thank you @Bikerbeth .. I’ve said I’ll go back to work, just waiting for them to find me some shifts. Meanwhile .. I’m back house hunting. Anyone know anything about Boston (the UK one lol)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It poured down yesterday, real high winds, even worse this morning @Kikki21 Suddenly it’s all stopped. It’s so quiet it’s almost eerie. The ground is so wet you sink if you stand too long and it’s that slippy slidey muddy sludge

I‘ve been back up pinching free WiFi, my data is almost out ... need to get into town tomorrow and try for another better sim deal

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I‘m so much better, thank you @Bikerbeth .. I’ve said I’ll go back to work, just waiting for them to find me some shifts. Meanwhile .. I’m back house hunting. Anyone know anything about Boston (the UK one lol)
I guess it depends what you are looking for. Only had a weeks holiday there and travelled through a few times. Quite isolated from any major cities and not a place that I thought I would like to go back too. Bit windswept and flat. Good shop for motorbike gear but that perhaps is not much good to you :)

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I‘ve been back up pinching free WiFi, my data is almost out ... need to get into town tomorrow and try for another better sim deal
I was looking at sim only deals this week and the one beginning with V and also associated with airlines has some good deals at the moment.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27