1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    Thank you all for the very kind comments. My husband was a lovely man and I have been missing him for years, as dementia took hold. But this is like a huge sadness that is there all the time. Miss him so much even though sometimes when I visited him he slept the whole time. I have a lot more hours to fill now but at the moment there are things to do and think about that none of us want to deal with. Thank you all so much and I wish you all peace and plenty of sleep.!xxxxxxxx

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    The huge sadness doesn't really leave us @Casbow but somehow we learn to live with it.

Take care.

3. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    Yes Grannie G I am hoping that is so. I have been very lucky and been surrounded by friends visiting a lot, and cards arriving. You have been so supportive along with others but I will always remember you. Thank you.xxxxx