Thank You all for your support

DIANE69

Jan 7, 2014
wirral
Thank You all for your support during Tony s last few days.Tony died this morning at 9.20 just 1 hour after I posted on here saying how alone I felt.He died with me hugging him giving him a kiss and telling him we would all be OK.He has not been responsive for days and I am so glad that he died peacefully,I know he would not want me to dwell on the last 6 months but to remember all the good times.As my mother said he is not imprisoned by his illness any more but out and about somewhere like he used to be.I can not bring myself to strip his bed somehow the thought of seeing a bare mattress will make it all real.On Monday I will ring and arrange collection of the hospital bed,hoist and the all singing/dancing chair we had delivered Christmas Eve and perhaps then I will be able to remember my Tony who taught me how to hold my head up and have faith in myself.Thank you Tony for been my husband.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Diane I am so sorry to read your news. As you say Tony is now at peace and pain free but I know you will be hurting badly. I'm so glad you were together and that hug will be so important to you in the days to come.

Sending you my heartfelt sympathy and my condolences. Wishing you strength.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Diane. I'm so very sorry but glad that your Tony is at peace. Remember that cuddle and how you gave him 'permission' to pass. You couldn't have done any more. Actually, you have been amazing through all Tony's last days-and longer.

Take care of yourself sweetheart.

We will always be here for you if you need any help or just a 'natter'

Love

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so very sorry that you have lost your husband.
I know he is now out of pain and his suffering is over but it still hurts, dreadfully.
My deepest symapthy to you. x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I m so sorry to read about your dear husband passing away, but how lovely that you were giving him a cuddle at the time. He must have felt very safe with you by his side. Thinking of you and wishing you strength in the times ahead. J x

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for the loss of your dear husband. You had such a strong marriage you will miss him dreadfully.

I do hope you have been able to get some sleep since his passing. Wishing you strength for the difficult times ahead.

keywest67

Mar 19, 2012
Coventry
Sorry to hear of your loss, Tony is now at peace and you have been a fantastic wife looking after him right to the end, there is nothing more you could do so I hope you have comfort knowing this x

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Hi Diane
So sorry to read your sad, sad news. My thoughts are with you and I send my deepest sympathies to you.
I'm so happy for you that you were there right up to the end and was able to give your beloved Tony a beautiful goodbye hug. This will, i'm sure console you in the times to come.
Take care xx

DIANE69

Jan 7, 2014
wirral
thank you all.
Not much sleep sat up till 2.00 and then thought go to bed. I think I have got so used to sleeping on the settee and listening for Tony because somehow the bedroom just seemed wrong.I found I just kept waking up listening for him.When I woke up at 6.00 my first thought was I needed to give him a shave because I hadn't done it Saturday.Then I felt like a sledgehammer had hit me when I remembered.Why is it that people feel the need to tell me it was expected as if some how it makes things easier.Tomorrow I can at least keep busy trying to sort things out we have already been warned by the funeral director that we will probably be looking at a 3 week delay for the funeral.

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Diane,
Nothing said makes it any easier...... people will also say it will get easier with time, time's a great healer etc etc etc........ I'm hearing this 5 months after losing my beautiful Mum, and it's falling on deaf ears i'm afraid. And then there are the folk that don't bother to keep in touch, the phone stops ringing......
Just take your time with everything and take care of YOU xx