Telephone Aids

sonia owen

Hi All,
I really think I need to get some kind of amplifiers that can help my mum hear what we are saying to her. She wear's two hearing aids. Well she is supposed to. In most case she will only wear the one, or none at all.
It was very hard talking to her this evening, I am shouting down the phone, which really is no use at all.
What device's can you get to help, with this kind of problem.
Thanks
Love Sonia xxxx

nerak

Account Closed
Jul 4, 2013
ireland
Hi All,
I really think I need to get some kind of amplifiers that can help my mum hear what we are saying to her. She wear's two hearing aids. Well she is supposed to. In most case she will only wear the one, or none at all.
It was very hard talking to her this evening, I am shouting down the phone, which really is no use at all.
What device's can you get to help, with this kind of problem.
Thanks
Love Sonia xxxx

Have very same problem but not on the phone its so frustrating! I have seen an amplifier in a catalogue think it may be called easylife but not sure do alot of stuff fo rold people you attach to telephone and they hear louder. Used to think my mum was being stubborn but she never wears hers and says theyre broken??????????

Hope this helps you can get these in any elderly shop!! Good luck I SAID GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Hi Sonia

I am hearing impaired and use amplified phones. I don't know how your Mum would get on with an amplifier which you attach to the phone, would she try and take it off. The one point I would make about phones is that there are two types. On one type you can set the volume and it stays like that. But on one phone I have at home, I have to reset the volume at every call. Easy for me, but it might confuse your Mum.

Why not try the Action for Hearing Loss helpline, they may be able to advise?