SUSIESUE's David has Died

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
thank you Jamie for sharing this with us i bet your dad is up there bragging about his great family you did him proud Jamie larivy

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I can't begin to tell you how wonderful I think you all are - and so does Jamie!!

Just a few of my favourite photos of dear David - gone but never to be forgotten.

Attachments

• David & Joshua.jpg
    David & Joshua.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 695
  • Boat Trip.jpg
    Boat Trip.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 701
  • 2005.jpg
    2005.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 698

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t suppose those photos were taken so long ago Sue, except for the one with baby Jamie, [I presume]. David looks so well. Who would know what lay ahead. xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
These are lovely Sue. I can remember you posting the one by the canal. Seems like only yesterday. x

Last edited:

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Jamie Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful tribute for your dear father.

A son to be proud of, indeed you are!

Take good care of your Mum and treasure all your memories of the many good times you have enjoyed with your family.

Kindest regards
Hazel

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thank you so much for your post, Jamie. Together with the photos your mum posted, your words bring it home just what a lovely man the world has lost to dementia.
Wishing you all well as you come to terms with your loss.
sleepless

susanne1964

Mar 1, 2010
hertfordshire
Sue, I dont know you and you dont know me. All I can say is that after reading this thread my heart goes out to you. I wish you all the very best that life has to offer going forward

take care of yourself and your family, they are exceptional

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I don`t suppose those photos were taken so long ago Sue, except for the one with baby Jamie, [I presume]. David looks so well. Who would know what lay ahead. xx

Actually the one with the little boy was probably taken in 2005 and was with Joshua my first grandson (Jamie's first son) in our local woods. Just so sad that by the time the four grandchildren came along, something that David had so looked forward to , he had already become 'strange' - little did we know that it was the start of dementia. In fact I don't think any of the photos were taken before that time.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sue,

Aren't those photos beautiful:) I was very moved by what Sylvia said to Jamie about being a 'son amongst sons' and when I saw that photo of David with Joshua those words came to my mind.

You will be in my mind today Sue and even in these times of deep, deep loss it is possible to feel rays of the sun so to speak.

Love x

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Sue & Jamie, I can only echo what has been said, and thank you both. Sue, you were a real help to me when I first joined TP not all that long ago. My sincere thanks and good wishes.
Love, Necion. x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jamie, thank you for taking the time to post here on TP, and what a post.

Reading it was like finding the key pieces to the jigsaw.

I am sure you will go on supporting your dear mum, our Sue, as you have done all along this journey. Bless you.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Thank you Jamie for such lovely words...the wonderful family bond of love and friendship just shines through...bless you and your dear Mum..I knw you will help each other through these dark days.

I loved the photos, but am sorry to say the tears started again..I feel so much for your loss.

love
Bronwen x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s gorgeous Jamie. What a lovely memory for Joshua when he is older. And what a lovely memory for you and your mum. xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jamie,

It is so wonderful to see David with Joshua. What a brilliant idea to post that link. I always said that Talking Point gave my husband's life value even with dementia because people were really interested in him and his welfare and they really cared. Likewise it is with your dad and we truly celebrate his life.

It's your mum that is going to need really good support now. It is so hard to find how to redirect the course of one's life without filling it full of rubbish.

Love to you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell