SUSIESUE's David has Died

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sue:
Its good of you to post at such a difficult time. The kindness of your family and friends and the tensions of the past few months have come together and now to cry is some release.

My thoughts are with you.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sue,

Thinking of you and your family with love and fondness. I have only just seen that you've posted and I'm glad that you know the comfort of TP especially at a time like this. It is very different isn't it when the person actually dies. Call on your friends, TP and others, as it certainly helps fill the gaping hole for a while.

Love

Last edited:

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Dear Sue

I was so saddened to hear the news about David. My heart goes out to you - will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Take care

Liz x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Have been thinking of you, thank you for posting Sue, All TP will be with you tomorrow, as you say your goodbyes to David. Hope you find some peace in the coming weeks and we will be here to support you. love to all your family, Pam

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Sue..Have only just logged on after a short absence and am so very sorry to hear your sad news and can't imagine the pain and lonliness you are suffering now...David suffered so much Sue that it is a blessing he is free from this disease, but I can't imagine that helps you at all right now..please turn to us as often as you can...we probably understand how you have struggled more than most...will be thinking of you so much

love
Bronwen x

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Hello Everyone and thank you so much for all your kinds thoughts and kind wishes they are so appreciated.

I must admit the mornings are just dreadful and even though nothing has changed here at home and I am on my own as before, everything has changed and it just feels so lonely, miserable and final.

I was worried that I couldn't cry - but that's sorted now - haven't really stopped!

Both my sons and their wives have been absolutely great but the feeling when you wake up in the morning is awful.

Anyway, thanks once again you don't realise how much help your posts have been.

Love

I've never lost a husband (never found one come to think of it!) but I have lost a baby and both my parents. The mornings are the absolute pits really and there is no avoiding that. I know there have been times when I have really looked forward to going to bed but dreaded it at the same time because it took me closer to the morning - if that makes any kind of sense. When you are going through this there can be a split second upon waking of feeling OK ((if you are lucky!) and then the awful realisation of what has happened. Or you just wake up with this feeling of doom, despondency, etc. Either way it's horrendous.

I know it's a cliche and I am sure you know this already, but you have to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time on the really bad days.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Sue.

My thoughts are with you.

I hope we can help you,even if only in a small way, through this sad sad time.

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
Dear sue I hope you find strength for today look at the sky as david is smiling down on you and your family rmember the good times. That's what kept me going on friday love xxxxxxxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sue,

You are in my waking thoughts today. Words fail me because I feel so much for you and this screen is not big enough to fit in the outpourings of my heart.

G-d go with you.

Love

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Thinking of you, and your family today Sue. Wishing you strength to help you through it, and the days to come. Know that your TP friends will be with you through it all.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you and your family now Sue. Wishing you strength for the day and the weeks and months to come. x

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
The sun is shining here. I hope it is where you are as you say your farewell to your lovely husband David. We will never forget him and the awful journey you shared together.