surprise, surprise

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I've been looking for some of my original posts (different user name) and I came across this post I made. I had completely forgotten that Alan had managed to say what he did at that time. I now realise that I have a strong determination for him to be seen as a whole person because it is what he was fighting for himself. I'm glad to know it is what he wants rather than just what I want for him:)

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?t=10367

Love

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
i have always thought that was what you have been doing alan is lucky to have someone so strong fighting in his corner keep up the good work larivy

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen that felt strange reading your old posts, but how good that Alan was able to express himslf, have always tried to let Trev be the person he was, but Ad makes it so hard at times, your post had me in tears, Glad you are enabling Alan to be Alan, if you know what i mean goodnight love pam

Mymum

Aug 11, 2009
be yourself

Just tell Alan to be himself and do to others as he would be done by.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
How very lovely Helen - and the style is so "you" - I'd have recognised you in the post even if you had not mentioned it was you - but how much change there is in such a short time - and yet - you are right the changes are more outward than inward and you must fight to have Alan seen as whole.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Sue, you are so right about how much change there has been in such a short time. The changes are outward and one of them is that Alan would not ever be able to express himself now in the same way. It was very timely when it happened and I had no idea just how much of an impact it must have made on me. There are many things that Alan can't do now that he could do then but then there are still many things that he can do;):) I think he's amazing:)

Love

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Helen.
The reason Alan is amazing is mostly down to you, for you have fought for him to be able to remain Alan by continually showing your love and loyalty for him. You are amazing too.xxx
CAW11YZQCAFZ0LZ7CALHBCP2CAX0IL3UCAI9YIH1CAYBA5UECA37G1V9CAI0WW5XCALY0Y8GCAZN0CF4CAQIWCAGCA1AL0PL.jpg