Some much appreciated help!

Nettynoo

Oct 5, 2017
Mum had some good news yesterday, Dads doctor has been to see dad recently due to a trapped nerve, causing dad to be crippled in pain. His doctor saw how mum was struggling with lack of sleep and coping with dad. Doctor contacted the Social Service to help them. Last night they rang to say someone will come and help dad in the morning and night getting up and going to bed. Mum is very independent but is realising she cannot do it alone. So now she has further help and the help she gets from her family.

Mum was so low at the weekend and dad didn;t want to carry on with life. With this support i am hoping things will be easier as it can be with looking after someone with dementia.

I am so glad i have joined talking point, I have learnt so much already on here and shared this with my mum.

You are all amazing.

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
@Nettynoo
Hi same with my parents, so want to be independent.
The cleaner and gardener vista are now something they look forward too, more to have a chat mum and Dad get to hear about their families, i’m not over impressed with the work nevertheless both cleaner and gardener look out for them, and let me know any concerns.
When Mum had carers come in post fall it was the best ever, they started her day so well and gave both Mum and Dad a reason to get up.
I hope you have the same success. Keep us posted. X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdieB