So, here we are.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
He is starting to learn that his hands belong to him and to get control of them, which is hilarious to watch. To see him put his little fist up to his mouth, and then the concentration, as he separates the thumb out, and tries to get that in his mouth! Meanwhile, the other hand is flailing around with the effort! :D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Looks like I've had a little message! ☺
d53faf4cfed8f8fb513beddfdb6291ef.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Lovely photo of your grandson, LadyA. He's going to be a handful in a few months!! xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I am crashed out on the couch in my PJ's, with a hideous migraine. Sick tummy and all, although haven't actually thrown up yet. I shouldn't have gone to church, but I had to as I had taken what seemed to be every towel, teatowel, dish cloth and cleaning cloth the church possesses, home to wash last week, so needed to return them.

I'm in my PJ's, and full to the brim of tablets! Ciao!

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
I am crashed out on the couch in my PJ's, with a hideous migraine. Sick tummy and all, although haven't actually thrown up yet. I shouldn't have gone to church, but I had to as I had taken what seemed to be every towel, teatowel, dish cloth and cleaning cloth the church possesses, home to wash last week, so needed to return them.

I'm in my PJ's, and full to the brim of tablets! Ciao!

Oh LadyA I'm sooo sorry to read you are poorly with an awful migraine. Do you know what has brought it on? I do hope you will be feeling much better soon. Sending gentle hugs, Diana xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Think it's a combination of things, Diana. I got over stressed about going to the neighbour's birthday party last night, it's so long since I've been invited to anything like that, and I'm not a party person. And, there's the food/drink difficulties at parties, which stresses me out cos I feel like I'm being very awkward! I can't have alcohol because of my medication, and anything with sugar in it gives me a migraine! I drank water last night. And didn't have any of the array of delicious desserts. I did have a plate of lasagne though. And realised after that it must have been made with jars of sauces, which are loaded with sugar! but at a party, you really can't sit with a glass of water and not eat! And oh, yeah, I ate some crisps too - more added sugar! Plus - strong winds and fluctuations in air pressure here at the moment. Hate these winds as they make me much more prone to headaches! However, tablets are kicking in now, so I'm about to have some tinned soup (Baxters- expensive, but it's the only one with no added sugar!).

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry you've been feeling unwell LadyA. I sympathise with you - so have I.

I've never had a migraine. It must be awful to have them.

I hope you manage a good night's rest.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Dau had a dental appointment this morning, as she'd lost a filling. So, for the first time (!), with great trepidation on dau's part, I was left taking care of my grandson - ALL BY MY OWN SELF! for a whole hour! We went for a walk. We bought flowers for his mum, and a toy for baby Philip. ☺ We met two people we knew, and stopped to chat. We were a few minutes later back to the dentist than expected, and as we went up in the lift, my phone (in my backpack, on my back, so I ignored it, knowing it was dau!) rang three times! Here we are, just back to the dentist's office from our adventures!
IMG_20170331_110315631.jpg
As you can see, Philip was greatly traumatized by being away from his mum for an hour! [emoji23]

Last edited:

Lancashire Lou

Mar 26, 2017
W. Yorkshire
:)
No sadder than anyone else who has lost their husband/wife theunknown. My daughter is wonderful - but she is young and has her own young, strong husband. My mother is also great - but she is elderly & getting frail and lost her own husband, my dad, years ago. So she understands, but no - William was the only one who, even in his dementia, right to the day he died, lit up when he saw me. He didn't know my name - but he knew me. Which is all the more lovely, because I was his second wife - his first wife died 25 years ago!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch