Small Kindnesses. Pay It Forward. Pass It On

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
Inspired by something I did today, as posted in Alisongs' Diary. How might you be kind to someone who's struggling? Including yourself! Over to you.....

Kir cocktail ready. Supportive friend who moved back up North in bits today. Her friend, only middle aged, has terminal cancer, now home on palliative care.... Kir cocktail dedicated to them and photo sent.
Ordered a letterbox Tea for Two for them. Will arrive Friday.
Hope I can support them long distance like my friend has supported me recently

Last edited:

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I think this is a lovely idea for a thread @Alisongs 🥰🥰🥰
Let’s record small kindnesses both given and received….

Rather than sell on, I gave 3 packs of Tena pads to a fellow carer for their mum….not so nice as a letterbox tea but well received!

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
I think this is a lovely idea for a thread @Alisongs 🥰🥰🥰
Let’s record small kindnesses both given and received….

Rather than sell on, I gave 3 packs of Tena pads to a fellow carer for their mum….not so nice as a letterbox tea but well received!
I bet! In Lockdown I sent my mum (100 miles away) parcels of pads as she couldn't get into town, and my sister only went to her own local supermarket. Mum couldn't be doing with the wrong brand, and postage for eight packs was only £2. She was delighted. Got postcards and bars of chocolate in between

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I’m always delighted if I am able to pass on the remaining time on my car parking ticket to someone as I leave. Supposedly illegal but what the hell.

Molly 21

Feb 6, 2024
I walk my dog locally and recently came across a 90 year old lady knocking on her window. I asked if she was ok and she asked if I was going near the local shops as she had no milk. I asked if there was anything else she needed but she said she only needed milk. i bought her milk and when I returned she was obviously lonely and invited me in. She is 90 and has broken vertebrae in her back and she;s diabetic. Her husband is 93 and has neck cancer, is blind and has dementia. She has no family who live locally so now each time I walk my dog I call on her and pick up any shopping she needs and stay for a cuppa and a chat. So glad I can help.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I walk my dog locally and recently came across a 90 year old lady knocking on her window. I asked if she was ok and she asked if I was going near the local shops as she had no milk. I asked if there was anything else she needed but she said she only needed milk. i bought her milk and when I returned she was obviously lonely and invited me in. She is 90 and has broken vertebrae in her back and she;s diabetic. Her husband is 93 and has neck cancer, is blind and has dementia. She has no family who live locally so now each time I walk my dog I call on her and pick up any shopping she needs and stay for a cuppa and a chat. So glad I can help.
👏 👍

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
This is a small kindness given to me which is always much appreciated.

Every Wednesday we go to a local Care Farm. It takes me four hours to get us both up, bathed, breakfasted, dressed and out and to drive there. By the time I arrive, I'm exhausted but the first part of the day is a communal cup of coffee. I usually have to make our coffee but sometimes there is a lovely lady there who will call across the car park that she will make our coffee. Somehow that coffee always tastes better than when I make it.

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
And you'll notice if they become in need of more help ♥

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
Why has forward autocorrected to foward in the thread title. Can't change it. So infuriating!

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
This is a small kindness given to me which is always much appreciated.

Every Wednesday we go to a local Care Farm. It takes me four hours to get us both up, bathed, breakfasted, dressed and out and to drive there. By the time I arrive, I'm exhausted but the first part of the day is a communal cup of coffee. I usually have to make our coffee but sometimes there is a lovely lady there who will call across the car park that she will make our coffee. Somehow that coffee always tastes better than when I make it.