Should I take things out of mum's hands??

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Sorry I brought my old job up, I know it doesn't go down well :(

Am feeling a bit down, I guess. I can't get to mum today as I've got to stay in and wait for a delivery of bath aid and a grab rail for myself. I wanted to cancel it, hubby insisted I 'look after myself'. I can't bear sitting here not knowing how mum is......

Last edited:

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thanks Canary and Piph for your support :)

I was waiting for two very basic bits of kit for myself today - a bath step and a stair rail. Both ordered online using the council's whoopee-do self assessment process.

The guy from the ( outsourced ) company has just arrived, and guess what, he has neither thing in his van!! He'll have to come back next week....but at least we've agreed that I don't need to be here, hubby can take delivery ( good old hubby :))

So having spent the morning doing admin-type things like agreeing an updated care plan with the agency, I can now finally get over to mum's.

Thank you all again for your support :)

Lindy xx

Miss Merlot

Oct 15, 2012
Sorry to hear things are so rotten at the minute Lindy - no constructive advice to offer, but sending you positive thoughts...

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Don't apologise for that, I should have remembered that you know exactly how it is from the other side of the fence.

Sorry Pickles for sounding snappy - when I look back I can see that I did :( There's no reason at all why you should remember what job I used to do many moons ago....nor is it relevant to mum's situation now. Doesn't help either of us, sadly.

Now in the days of the old boy / girl network, maybe .......:D

Take care Pickles :)

Lindy xx