Shaving with toothpaste

77pauline

Sep 13, 2023
Ipswich
It's happened 3 times now. I think he's cleaning his teeth but then see he is trying to shave. I've ordered a toothpaste dispenser to stick on the wall. Wish me luck this works. I've also had the taps in the bathroom changed to the ones that you just press down and it goes for a little while. Another thing I've ordered is a hot pot so I'll boil the kettle to fill it then hide the kettle. That should stop him overfilling the kettle to make tea. It's dangerous as the boiling water spillsout of the spout. I'm using puppy pads which I cut to fit around the toilet. Hope some of this is helpful to someone.

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
It's happened 3 times now. I think he's cleaning his teeth but then see he is trying to shave. I've ordered a toothpaste dispenser to stick on the wall. Wish me luck this works. I've also had the taps in the bathroom changed to the ones that you just press down and it goes for a little while. Another thing I've ordered is a hot pot so I'll boil the kettle to fill it then hide the kettle. That should stop him overfilling the kettle to make tea. It's dangerous as the boiling water spillsout of the spout. I'm using puppy pads which I cut to fit around the toilet. Hope some of this is helpful to someone.
♥️ Thank you for sharing. The taps are a good idea definitely.

I just bought my Dad a shirt with velcro behind the buttons so it look like his usual shirts but no fiddling with tiny buttons and he won't consider other easier clothing. Hoping it will help encourage changing his clothes perhaps you envy know we keep trying . I would try and sew but I am literally hopeless in that area. x

carolacs

Jan 22, 2023
My husband uses shaving cream to clean his teeth and emery boards to shave! I try to get the toothpaste on the brush for him but sometimes this is not well received! Had to hide all the razors as he was cutting himself so badly. I bought an electric shaver, first one rejected but the second is working well so far. I take him to the barber once a week to get tidied up properly but he still shaves several times a day. Sometimes I think I'll scream if I hear the shaver again but then I think at least its keeping him happily occupied.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireBryceSmith