Shaving, have to laugh...

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
3 days ago I came home after a brief visit to a friend to discover OH had decided to shave off his beard, which he had had for over 30 years ( I use to keep it trimmed and tidy for him without any problems). I wouldn`t have minded too much except that he had missed a number of areas, and from left ear to right and under his chin there were obvious patches of grey stubble, not forgetting that the wash basin was blocked with coarse hair, and likewise the flannel covered completely. When I suggested that I help him by removing the spots he`d missed and generally tidying up the straggly bits I was firmly told that he could do it. OK, no problem I thought except he didn`t, and wouldn`t do it. He offered up every excuse under the sun -the razor was blunt (hardly surprising!); couldn`t find a new one (plenty in the bathroom cabinet!); the daylight was too dull ( put the overhead light on!); he would do it later (never happened!). So, here we are 3 days later with OH still refusing my help and I can not describe what he looks like, but it`s not pretty. Now I have just been told that he is considering growing his beard again. Oh please is all I can say, but I also have to smile.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
😀😀😀

My husband always complains about being cold and yesterday was a cool one. He was going off to play bridge and was quite a sight. New summer shorts that I had got for him for when the weather warms up, a very nice sweater, long compression stockings with white socks over the top and a pair of ancient slip on sandals that should have gone into the bin years ago.

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
😀😀😀

My husband always complains about being cold and yesterday was a cool one. He was going off to play bridge and was quite a sight. New summer shorts that I had got for him for when the weather warms up, a very nice sweater, long compression stockings with white socks over the top and a pair of ancient slip on sandals that should have gone into the bin years ago.
A true fashion statement. :D

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
3 days ago I came home after a brief visit to a friend to discover OH had decided to shave off his beard, which he had had for over 30 years ( I use to keep it trimmed and tidy for him without any problems). I wouldn`t have minded too much except that he had missed a number of areas, and from left ear to right and under his chin there were obvious patches of grey stubble, not forgetting that the wash basin was blocked with coarse hair, and likewise the flannel covered completely. When I suggested that I help him by removing the spots he`d missed and generally tidying up the straggly bits I was firmly told that he could do it. OK, no problem I thought except he didn`t, and wouldn`t do it. He offered up every excuse under the sun -the razor was blunt (hardly surprising!); couldn`t find a new one (plenty in the bathroom cabinet!); the daylight was too dull ( put the overhead light on!); he would do it later (never happened!). So, here we are 3 days later with OH still refusing my help and I can not describe what he looks like, but it`s not pretty. Now I have just been told that he is considering growing his beard again. Oh please is all I can say, but I also have to smile.

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
Hi @Anthoula - I notice and admire how you always keep your sense of humour and manage to see the funny side. I know it is harder than you make it sound but agree that we need to keep smiling as long as we can. My Oh shaves very day and is amazed that the stubble appears every day bless him.

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
We went out for lunch with family today at our favourite restaurant. He wore exactly the same outfit except for the white socks and added three rings, a gold chain bracelet and gold medallion necklace.
OH bless him , he obviously likes to dress up for a special occasion,,,

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh @Lawson58

i thought the other night that the shorts and compression stockings reminded me of my late Dads fashion sense ….but he wouldn’t have gone for the bling 🙈🙈

I hope you enjoyed ur lunch!

Kath610

Apr 6, 2022
Maldon, Essex
This sounds familiar! A few weeks ago my husband (Alzheimer's) got carried away whilst shaving with his new electric shaver and shaved off most of his hair. He looked awful, bald as a coot with lumps of hair on the back of his head where he couldn't see it. We were due to spend the weekend with a friend the next day. I sent a late night message to our hairdresser, who is fortunately a friend, and took him to the salon early the next day. She shaved the lot off.
Some people suit baldness - my husband does not! He tried to say it's a lot cooler - it isn't, in any sense of the word. It's growing again now but I get a bit worried when I hear the shaver going!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
This sounds familiar! A few weeks ago my husband (Alzheimer's) got carried away whilst shaving with his new electric shaver and shaved off most of his hair. He looked awful, bald as a coot with lumps of hair on the back of his head where he couldn't see it. We were due to spend the weekend with a friend the next day. I sent a late night message to our hairdresser, who is fortunately a friend, and took him to the salon early the next day. She shaved the lot off.
Some people suit baldness - my husband does not! He tried to say it's a lot cooler - it isn't, in any sense of the word. It's growing again now but I get a bit worried when I hear the shaver going!
Ahhhhh! The Yul Brynner look. Very sexy!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo Hefferman