Scientists Find Sniffing Rosemary Can Increase Memory By 75%

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Well Jeany, perhaps they don't say Rosemary for remembrance for nothing.

So many old remedies are proving themselves to be of value these days.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I'm sorry jeany when I read the title I thought... Thank goodness I'm not called rosemary... :eek:

It smells nice so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a sniff....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Louisek100

Sep 27, 2012
Rosemary

I'm sorry jeany when I read the title I thought... Thank goodness I'm not called rosemary... :eek:

It smells nice so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a sniff....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

I laughed, I am called Rosemary, it's nice to put on roast potatoes!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I've got one growing rampant in the herb bed, perhaps next time I hack chunks off I should put it all round the house instead

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
These studies are of interest and relate to your article Jeany. Whilst natural doesn't automatically mean safe - I feel sure there would be benefits in looking at such substances especially when you look at the level of iatrogenic consequences from chemically formulated drugs.

However, there are profits in those and not in nature. No doubt the pharmacy industry would attempt to produce a chemical engineered version of the appropriate oil. Sadly, this heavy handed attempt to replicate natural substances rarely works well as they isolate the main components only and ignore the many smaller levels of elements in the natural product and the fact that they work in synergy.

But an interesting read, please take advice from a qualified clinical aromatherapist if you wanted to seriously pursue this approach.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20377818

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Found another item about rosemary it looks useful stuff :)
http://www.herbs-info.com/rosemary.html

I eat some every day.

I go round my herb garden and have a bit of this and that each morning.

After breakfast I go outside and have my daily eat as I call in.

We usually have. Green juice for lunch and some of my herbs go in there.
I'm currently growing
Rosemary
Mustard
Oregano
Basil
Parsley
Thyme
Chives
Mint
Coriander

They are just in pots. Nothing special

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I eat some every day.

I go round my herb garden and have a bit of this and that each morning.

After breakfast I go outside and have my daily eat as I call in.

We usually have. Green juice for lunch and some of my herbs go in there.
I'm currently growing
Rosemary
Mustard
Oregano
Basil
Parsley
Thyme
Chives
Mint
Coriander

They are just in pots. Nothing special

Sounds great dotty,
I have mint and chives and basil in pots, I planted rosemary seeds but they haven't grown I will try and plant some more,

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sounds great dotty,
I have mint and chives and basil in pots, I planted rosemary seeds but they haven't grown I will try and plant some more,

Rosemary is easy to strike from a cutting Jeany, about 3 " long remove bottom leaves and put into soil. If you put in several at a time hopefully you'll get a few that strike. Some people use hormone rooting powder, others don't.:) Lavendar can be done the same way.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Rosemary is easy to strike from a cutting Jeany, about 3 " long remove bottom leaves and put into soil. If you put in several at a time hopefully you'll get a few that strike. Some people use hormone rooting powder, others don't.:) Lavendar can be done the same way.

Thank you Sue but I haven't got anything to cut it from, I will look next time i go shopping and see if I can buy some,

Jeany x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you Sue but I haven't got anything to cut it from, I will look next time i go shopping and see if I can buy some,

Jeany x

I did wonder that Jeany:rolleyes::eek:, someone needs to give you as sprig or as you say when you shop they do bags of cut rosemary.:)x

Rosemary water is also very good for rinsing hair, not sure what it does but it's something good;)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Sue I will be using it for everything next year :D:D:D
Thank you Nitram I have done cuttings before but that is really helpful:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Digressing a bit but I am the process of rejuvenating my extensive herb patch after a few years of enforced negligence.

I've just had a 33.3% success rate with >>>HOTLIPS<<< will have to see what it really tastes like. I'll keep two and barter one for something else interesting.

Attachments

• P1010093 (Medium).JPG
    P1010093 (Medium).JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 458