Saw my doctor, huh!

JaxG

May 15, 2021
How utterly ridiculous ? why on earth didn’t she refer you to a dementia team who may be able to treat his anger and aggression?? Have you had that kind of support?
My husband was so aggressive to me that I was very frightened, I used to find myself thrown out of the house on a regular basis. Eventually I called the crisis team who told me to leave the house and they took over. My husband was admitted to hospital on a section 2 and then section 3 . He spent three months being stabilised on medication. Of course I felt guilty, disloyal etc but it’s the best thing I could have done. He’s home now, sleeping in the chair at present, he’s calm, pleasant usually but certainly not the paranoid, violent person who went into hospital. I know that the area I live in has an outstanding reputation but surely your GP can get someone to care for you both. I do hope you get the help you deserve.
OH has been prescribed Memantine, he is a bit calmer but still prone to mood swings and anger when I have to 'control' him, or manage aspects of his life.

JaxG

May 15, 2021
I called our local Crisis team last night as my husband had attacked me twice during the evening. Social Services duty officer had advised me to call the out of hours GP for medication, but that's only available via 111 now and impossible to get through. Crisis team advised me that they don't deal with dementia. Eventually got through on 111 online and an out of hours GP and nurse visited at 8.45 this morning. Diazepam was supplied with the advice to get an urgent GP appointment on Monday morning. On reflection, I should have called 999 straight away.
I just can't believe that you have to fight so hard to stay safe. It is difficult to dial 999, I did once but only after a conversation with a friend who was able to be more objective. Just so awful and depressing that we are all left trying to cope.

Libbybookworm

Apr 6, 2018
I just can't believe that you have to fight so hard to stay safe. It is difficult to dial 999, I did once but only after a conversation with a friend who was able to be more objective. Just so awful and depressing that we are all left trying to cope.
I've not been able to speak to our GP yet @JaxG. I eventually got through to the surgery late yesterday morning and was told there were no appointments available in the near future. However, I was offered an emergency call back by a GP at 8am this morning. Nothing yet.

JaxG

May 15, 2021
I've not been able to speak to our GP yet @JaxG. I eventually got through to the surgery late yesterday morning and was told there were no appointments available in the near future. However, I was offered an emergency call back by a GP at 8am this morning. Nothing yet.
I would say 'unbelievable' @Libbybookworm but sadly it's not. No one understands what it is like. My OH has just spent some time with his sister. It's very kind of her, but she has no understanding of what my day to day life is like, and to explain just sounds like whingeing. They tell me they try to imagine what it is like for my OH, they see only a sad old man with no memory, not the angry, aggressive moody man that emerges when he doesn't get his own way.