Sadness

paddingtonbear

Apr 27, 2013
Today I polished my dads shoes before we walked to the surgery - this was dads job when we were at school. I felt so sad :(
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I totally understand your sadness. My mam used to look after me, was always strong and knew what to do. Now our roles are reversed, and I don't feel up to the job :(

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
PB, it really is the hardest thing, isn't it? All the things my dad used to know and do, he fixed anything, no matter what it was or what the problem was, he could always fix it. He was a very tall and very strong man, reduced to crying and calling for my mum who was 5' nothing.
I tried to think of that reversal as my chance to repay a wonderful father for years of unconditional love and sacrifice. When I looked at it that way it used to make me feel quite content when I did some simple thing to love and care for him, like shaving him, and it created the most wonderful memories for me to cherish now that he's gone.
I know it is bittersweet, it is part of the grieving, lamenting that piece by piece loss of a loved one.
Take care, Stephanie, xxx