1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Jill727

Jill727 Registered User

Feb 21, 2006
    DURHAM
    Hi im doing some research on Dementia and need some help. Can anyone tell me what are the risks associated with those affected by Dementia? Im grateful for any help.. Jill x

2. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Hi Jill,

Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean mental risks; physical risks; genetic risks; social risks? Do you mean risks to the person with dementia, or to those around them? Dementia is certainly full of hazards! :)

Best wishes,

3. Please feel free to tell me if this is out of term here folks, but I find these types of post to be rather direct...

Surely an introduction would help first Jill727 especially seeing that this is your first post...

What is your research for?

What is your job/what are you studying?

Can you tell folk on here a little bit about yourself?

Come on... we don't bite.

By the way - just to be fair - Neil, 34. Student Nurse. 1 month away from qualifying as a Mental Health Nurse, particularly interested in Dementia Care.

Look forward to your reply.

:)

N.