• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Rip off phone calls

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
We use CPR CallBlocker. It hooks into the line and has 400 pre-programmed numbers that it blocks. The call comes in, we check the caller ID, and if it's no one we know, block goes the button. I love it.

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
It's great the BT one. No more ppi calls or calls about dads computer he doesn't have or the competitions he's won
Wish I had bought it sooner

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
I have the BT8500 advance
You call it and have to announce who I are. BT decides whether to block the call or allow through. U can set to allow through but only leave a message.
If in the house when it rings and you don't want to accept u press 2 to block 3 to send to answer phone and 1 to accept
A god send

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
My neighbour who was scammed out of a vast amount of money now has a system that only allows 'trusted' callers. I think it's called TrueCall. She didn't even have dementia when it all started - just naive and far too trusting of some evil b*tch who said she worked for NatWest and was calling to tell her she'd been selected for a £1m lottery win...