1. Bill M

Bill M Registered User

Aug 13, 2003
    Dorset
    One of my intrerests is REIKI, which i feel could be of use to either carers or people with any for of dementia.

I would be intrested to hear from anyone who has had any experence of Reiki either as a carer or someone with dementia.
    good or bad experences. Or even any views you might have for or against.

it is something i wold like to take further.

I look forward to hearing either here in the forum or via a PM if you prefere. I will watch this space.

Peace and Joy

Bill
    :)

2. Angela

Angela Registered User

May 28, 2003
    Wales
    Remind which alternate therapy that is? ie what you do?

3. Bill M

Bill M Registered User

Aug 13, 2003
    Dorset
    what is reiki

it is difficult to say in a few words.
    the best way to describe it would be the laying on of hands.
    you will find a description of it at the followwing site. http://www.reikiassociation.org.uk/reiki.html
    i hope that is of some help. i am away until Friday, i will add more then if needed.
    Bill
    :)

4. Angela

Angela Registered User

May 28, 2003
    Wales
    Thank you.
    When we organise a carers day, we do have alternate therapists giving taster sessions to our carers, and reiki is one we use. I know that this is enjoyed by all who experience this, but I dont know how effective it really is.

5. Bill M

Bill M Registered User

Aug 13, 2003
    Dorset
    #5 Bill M, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
    one can never be really sure how effective it it. often it may just help with a feeling of well being, having had the undivided attention of another person for an hour. but i have found that people do seem to wish for more, after having had it. even those unable to normally communicate.
    Bill